PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a 143/v2 kit but I need to upgrade it in stages as the bike is mainly ridden by my GF.
Has anyone attempted a v2 on a stock 110 bore?
My concern is the ports being too big for that bore and having little bottom end

·
Registered
824 Posts
I would guess u would lose your bottom end and it would be pretty hard to get running right. If your doing it in stages why not just run the 143 kit with the stock carb and hold off on the V2. 143 kit with stock carb is pretty tame. If you can find a stock throttle I think they have a speed limiter screw. I feel like a v2 head and stock bore would be a nightmare to tune.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Like Danny set going to lose a ton of bottom end. Because of the increased port size, you are going to lose a ton of port velocity. That's a key components to making power and if you can't fill up the cylinder with the a/f charge quickly, you don't have as much a/f to combust. Even with bigger bore motors you lose some bottom end but gain top end

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.