PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got a 02 klx 110 and the motor is stock, and its got 4 gear added. second gear is a turd and i was wanting to put a different sprocket on it, to help out second gear. it has a 37 teeth sprocket on it now. what do i need to put on it a 35 or 39 teeth sprocket, to help out second gear?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i ordered a 35 tooth from t/b, but then my friend said today that he thinks that would help the top end. thats why i posted on here. i want to help the bottom end. because at the track i have never put it in 4th gear dont have the power.

·
Registered
341 Posts
First of all 33 on the rear is stock. Going up teeth in the rear (for example 33 up to 37) will gear your bike down. It gives it better acceleration but in result your losing some top speed. Now its the opposite on the front sprocket. Going up in number of teeth makes the bike have more top speed and less acceleration. So for your bike since you have 4th gear I think you should be running at least a 14-39 if not higher so your bike will have a more usable 4th gear. Then 2nd will also pull harder.

·
Registered
565 Posts
No a 2002 klx110 has a 14t Front and 37t Rear, '03-Up have the 14t and 33t Rear...

Got a buddy running 15 front & 35 Rear with stock motor and but 3 speed.. He'd fly by me when I had stock gearing 14/33 on an '08 stock motor

·
Registered
509 Posts
if your racing down the street you want to go smaller in the rear for top speed but it will be a dog taking off. if your on a track it depends on the track but i would say with the 14 in front you would want a 39 and up in the rear. as far as changing the front for every tooth you go up on the front its like taking 2 teeth off the rear and vise versa going down a tooth in the front would add 2 teeth to the rear example ( 14,39 change to a 15 in the front would be like a 14,37) hope this helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.