PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
There's no way to estimate cost until you split the case and check out all the bearings to insure there isn't any metal shavings inside of them. As you shift your bike dose it still knock in 3rd or (4th) gear if you have it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's no way to estimate cost until you split the case and check out all the bearings to insure there isn't any metal shavings inside of them. As you shift your bike dose it still knock in 3rd or (4th) gear if you have it?
Only knocks in 2nd gear. Someone said it might just be a loose cam chain? So far no luck but will end up probably splitting it open and bring it back to life rather than selling it for cheap.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Only knocks in 2nd gear. Someone said it might just be a loose cam chain? So far no luck but will end up probably splitting it open and bring it back to life rather than selling it for cheap.
It may end up costing you over $200 to buy all the parts you will need to rebuild the transmission. You'll need a new gasket set, bearing and seal kit, and your 2nd gear if that is the problem. I would recommend getting a new set of bolts to put your engine back together with. I get all my parts from TboltUSA.com. they usually have pretty fast shipping and good quality parts. good luck and you should keep the bike. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts