PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 140lbs and an agressive rider. I use to race in my teens but due to an injury sort of retired from that. I stil lhave a crf250 when I go to tracks occasionally but I love to ride around my small klx 110 in the woods and around the farm. The problem is the shock broke completely and I need a replacement. The stock shock was so soft and I'm looking to upgrade the forks and shocks for someone that's 140lbs and not 80lbs.

[HR][/HR] Initially I was going to get a new swingarm +2 and new shocks as well as kx 60 forks with heavier oil and springs but I can not seem to find any kx 60 forks, not even on ebay. This would probably be the most expensive option but would give me 4 inches of travel over stock in the forks and more travel in the rear with the longer swingarm.
[HR][/HR] My other option that is in my ideal price range is just getting heavier fork oil 15wt (maybe), not sure what is good for 140lbs, and possibly a heavier spring(s) BBR and dampeners for rebound that are not the stock ones.

[HR][/HR]I'll also get DNM shocks with 250lbs springs.

I wanted to know though if tbpart replacement forks with heavyduty springs are TB springs or BBR heavy duty springs. TB has a great price for replacement forks for 119 with heavy duty springs, not sure what brand of springs but I'd still have to get dampign rods.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Some guy's find used Pitster Pro X4/X4R's(for cheap) and take the wheels/brakes/swingarm/shock/fork's/clamp's and put it on their KLX's. You do however have to make a new upper shock mount for your bike,as it would convert from A swingarm type to MX type,and a mount for the rear master cylinder/brake pedal. That would be the most work,or buy the 250lb's DNM shock and the TB's HD fork(it would be TB spring's)or damper rod's/hd spring's for your fork and see a big difference over what you got/had(broken) and the cheapest.Do you have a cradle mount on your bike?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some guy's find used Pitster Pro X4/X4R's(for cheap) and take the wheels/brakes/swingarm/shock/fork's/clamp's and put it on their KLX's. You do however have to make a new upper shock mount for your bike,as it would convert from A swingarm type to MX type,and a mount for the rear master cylinder/brake pedal. That would be the most work,or buy the 250lb's DNM shock and the TB's HD fork(it would be TB spring's)or damper rod's/hd spring's for your fork and see a big difference over what you got/had(broken) and the cheapest.Do you have a cradle mount on your bike?
Do you mean the Pianha KLX 110 Cradle mount for the footpegs? No, I do not. Are the TB Heavy duty springs good? Are they like the BBR HD springs at all or are the cheaply made and have a different feel to them? Yes, I'll be getting the DNM 250lb MK-AR shocks; where do you recommend the best place to purchase them? And as for the forks, one of my forks needs replacing, the other is fine just a little rusted. If I replace them with TB fork repalcement with TB's HD sprigns, I'll still have to purchase the BBR damping rods as well, no? I believe the TB forks still use the stock damping rods.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
A cradle mount would be a good investment and will save your cases from being stripped at the peg holes.Well if one of your forks is shot,you might as well get the TB fork's and just give them a try before doing the damper rods,it might be fine the way it is.And for the shock(and fork),i would go with TBolt USA and if you have any questions about these products Vince at tbolt usa will be able to answer them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts