PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody try one? They absolutely suck!!! dont waste your money! I bolted it on started it up warmed up took for ride bike made absolutely no bottom end for literally 10 seconds then kicked in pretty hard till you shift and it happened all over again no power at all till about 10k

·
Registered
148 Posts
Never tried one, but do have some thoughts on it.

Having tried many different race pipes for the NSR80 one thing that stands out is the pipes are designed for a specific RPM range which is based on the tune of the engine. If you stick a pipe for a higher tuned engine onto a stock engine or lower tuned setup then it'll not work correctly.

I have an Arrow pipe which is tuned for lower RPM's which works awesome on a cylinder tuned for 7500 - 9500 rpm. I fitted two pipes designed for much higher engine speeds just out of curiousity and it was impressive how much one slightly worked and one didn't work at all!

So not sure of your setup might be they suck, but could also be they need to be matched to a specific setup which you don't have for the moment. If you have no power till 10 grand then very likely you need raised port timing, big carb and high performance ignition.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Which pipe are you using? They have two Kitaco pipes for sale - one is for stock motors and one is for tuned. Do you have any other engine mods?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I talked to billy w. and he told me he hasnt had any luck with them either. all my engine has is a 24 flatslide

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have a Kitaco pipe. The previous owner absolutely loved it. I ended up taking it off and just running the stock pipe. The Kitaco pipe is a featherweight compared to the stock but I just found that I could go faster with the stock boat anchor pipe.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have one. The previous owner absolutely loved it. I found however that I went just as quick with the stock pipe. The Kitaco is a featherweight compared to the stock pipe but I don't think the weight savings make up for the lack of power.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes my stock pipe makes great low and mid and ok top where the kitaco made no bottom mid and a ton of top!!! and yes def weighs less but its a doorstop at the moment!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts