PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thunking of ordering this soon,how is it?Are the directions in english??anything I should know before I order it???thanks :lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah six is right about that oil pump. I didn't do it when I got my Kitaco kit now I have to tear it apart and buy a new gasket kit to put it back together. But about that kitaco kit, I think its better than the Tak s stage. I had the kitaco and my budy was running the tak. I was smoking him top end. The kitaco has a 20 m carb. instead of the 18 you get with the tak. The 20 is also good if you go w a head later on. Go with kitaco.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Save yourself a ton of cash and go with the Trail Bikes 88cc Kit and 20mm carb. The cylinder is identical to Kitaco, and comes with a slightly higher compression piston. I've run both the Kitaco and the Trail Bikes setup, and the TB setup is faster and has held up awesome.

www.hondatrailbikes.com

Kitaco is severely overrated and overpriced, as is takegawa. Plus, the Kitaco, Takegawa and Trail Bikes parts are all made in Taiwan.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I know this is going to start an arguement :? but Ive heard some pretty nasty things happening with TB stuff, but hey its better than nothing :lol:

·
Registered
83 Posts
i have the kitaco 88cc kit and its awsome, much better than the takegawa.

my friend has the takegawa, I smoke him. the only thing that sucks is the directions are in japanese so i hope you know how to translate japanese or know a good mechanic. Also install the oil pump like six said.

peace.... :twisted:

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
DirtySouthRacing said:
I know this is going to start an arguement :? but Ive heard some pretty nasty things happening with TB stuff, but hey its better than nothing :lol:

Second hand info means nothing. The key word is that you HEARD. And what were these nasty things that happened :?:

·
Registered
775 Posts
htb kit is great, best buy with out a dought! ok everyone lets have a shootout? stock xr/crf off the shelf head no port work, cam,rev box(any) , carb, 88cc kit on stock bottom end and exaust .only auto clutch upgrade and 91oct pump gas any takers?

we can do it here in norcal or if anyone has a better idear speak up? i'm willing to travel and you have to be able to pull the kit off so i can inspect the crank! R.j.perez.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.