PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting this for a buddy. It's a kitaco four valve head with the red tapet covers so not the stock klx one and cones with a 143 piston. What's it's worth. It's like brand new

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm posting this for a buddy. It's a kitaco four valve head with the red tapet covers so not the stock klx one and cones with a 143 piston. What's it's worth. It's like brand new
Anyone

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aha so I guess no one knows.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this all all i can find scroll all the way down. KLX110 ENGINE MODS
Tbolt has them. They are 1200 new for just the head kit. I'm just trying to see what they go for used. Maybe 800. Does that sound right guys.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Unfortunately in today's pitbike market it's worth about 250-350. Reason(s) why you can buy a v2 head for about 350 bucks. There are a large spread of big bores for it at an affordable price. Not only that rebuilds for the V2 are dirt cheap and replacement parts are very easy to find. Where as the Kitaco head unless you want to get into custom work your locked in at either 143 cc or 160cc. Early on when the se 4v head was introduced guys found they really didn't care for the power characteristics of the stroker setup (160cc). With the new dirt cheap bbk's from TB most guys are at 165cc+ with their roller rocker heads. Also with the Kitaco head most guys go into it thinking man I'm going to be a bad arse with this 4v head. That's until it's time to rebuild it and see the cost as well as the frustration of trying to get replacement parts. You have to remember it's a 4v head so now you have double the cost cause you have double the valves, double the valve springs etc....being it's not a real popular head your options are go back woth factory components which are expensive or custom which is just as expensive if not more. Plus to my knowledge the mobster is the only one that has replacement parts for it, or can get replacement parts for it.

By no means am I knocking the head or saying it's a bad head. I personally love 4v heads. I am just explaining why it's not going to fetch the price it should.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unfortunately in today's pitbike market it's worth about 250-350. Reason(s) why you can buy a v2 head for about 350 bucks. There are a large spread of big bores for it at an affordable price. Not only that rebuilds for the V2 are dirt cheap and replacement parts are very easy to find. Where as the Kitaco head unless you want to get into custom work your locked in at either 143 cc or 160cc. Early on when the se 4v head was introduced guys found they really didn't care for the power characteristics of the stroker setup (160cc). With the new dirt cheap bbk's from TB most guys are at 165cc+ with their roller rocker heads. Also with the Kitaco head most guys go into it thinking man I'm going to be a bad arse with this 4v head. That's until it's time to rebuild it and see the cost as well as the frustration of trying to get replacement parts. You have to remember it's a 4v head so now you have double the cost cause you have double the valves, double the valve springs etc....being it's not a real popular head your options are go back woth factory components which are expensive or custom which is just as expensive if not more. Plus to my knowledge the mobster is the only one that has replacement parts for it, or can get replacement parts for it.

By no means am I knocking the head or saying it's a bad head. I personally love 4v heads. I am just explaining why it's not going to fetch the price it should.
Yeah I know It's just crappy. He's trying to sell it so He can build a 195 with v2 head me might include his whole tb 143. I rode that bike. It's a ripper. It was a factory bbr bike that had about a 12g price tag from bbr. It was a 195 when he bought it and now he wants it back to that cc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.