PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any ideas on a good aftermarket kickstarter that folds, besides King Racing (great product, just can't afford it)

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
If you are using the Kitaco Kick Starter on a high compression motor, look at the way the kick start shaft flexes when you kick the bike. I run one, but have had two friends who have broken the kick start shaft from this kickstarter.

It's pleasing to the eye, but an absolute terrible design from a stress standpoint. I need to it clear my exhaust, and would run the stocker if I could.

For you big-displacement boys using this kickstarter, line it up on TDC and don't harley start the bike, or you will eventually break off or twist the kickstart shaft...

(edit for spelling)

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
gudang said:
i tried that five0 but if you foot come off the peg in a jump it goes up your pants leg and causes all sorts of trouble
:?: it does that even worse in the stock position, its a easy way to make it not so bad... also if your pants get stuck on it and you need to take your foot off the peg the kikstarter just folds down,out of you pantolones. when it up(stock) when your pants get over it and you need to take your foot off, its not easy.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
z88r is correct these folding kick starters add too much stress to kick start shaft . I have these and I prefer the stock style over them .

once again z88r is correct TDC and whoop and she's off don't kick it like it has done you wrong.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the info

I would move my kickstarter down but w/ the 88 kit I need all the kick I can get. I am convenced that the stocker is the way to go. I guess I just have to live with it.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Re: thanks for the info

Hotrod said:
I would move my kickstarter down but w/ the 88 kit I need all the kick I can get. I am convenced that the stocker is the way to go. I guess I just have to live with it.

i have an 88 and moving it down made it easier to kick

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.