PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a TBR 88cc BBK on my 04 fiddy. It runs great, but now my kickstarter slips every once in a while. Anyone had this problem?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yes, the problem is that when you kick it over its slipping though the clutches instead of turning your motor over. With more compression on the 88cc kit that will happen. Might be time for some heavy clutch springs.

·
Registered
101 Posts
CMaDillac said:
Yes, the problem is that when you kick it over its slipping though the clutches instead of turning your motor over. With more compression on the 88cc kit that will happen. Might be time for some heavy clutch springs.

Are you sure? I put a TB 88cc kit with TB Manual Clutch on my friends bike. And it does that , I was told it was normal. Like 250f's do that and stuff.

·
Registered
294 Posts
ryno said:
[quote name='CMaDillac']Yes, the problem is that when you kick it over its slipping though the clutches instead of turning your motor over. With more compression on the 88cc kit that will happen. Might be time for some heavy clutch springs.

Are you sure? I put a TB 88cc kit with TB Manual Clutch on my friends bike. And it does that , I was told it was normal. Like 250f's do that and stuff.[/quote]Ok, I dont know about the TB manuel clutch doing that but I have never heard of a 250f doing that and I have one. If that happened on your 250f you have another problem, cause the kick starter has nothing to do with the clutch. Get on any auto clutch bike (xr50) TB88cc kit what ever, and lift up or push down on the shift lever and try to kick it over and see what happens. You could push the kick starter down with your pinky because your clutch is disengauged not turning the motor over, same thing as if your clutch is slipping.

·
Registered
101 Posts
z88R said:
You don't have the clutch adjusted correctly. Take off the clutch cover, and adjust the clutch screw.

Tried that helped a little but went back. Didn't work the only conclusion i came up with is the screw is to tight and its engaging the clutch, so your kickstarter won't catch.. Does that sound right?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Mine does it on occasion and I have the TB manual clutch. It sounds more as if the gears are jumping teeth every once in a while more than just slipping like if I pull in the clutch.

·
Registered
101 Posts
five0addict said:
ok you got a bore kit, do you have HD clutch springs?

when you ajusted it did you turn it in to resistance then 1/2 turn back out?
1/4 turn. Um whatever clutch springs that were in the clutch pack of TB Manual Clutch kit.

BTW it's my buddys but I basically put it together.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do have HD clutch discs but not springs. I will try adjusting the clutch. In my manual it says to turn in (clockwise) 1 full turn then turn out (counterclockwise) till there is a slight resistance then back in, 1/8 to 1/4 turn. Is that different when you add a 88cc kit?

·
Registered
62 Posts
tbbarber said:
I do have HD clutch discs but not springs. I will try adjusting the clutch. In my manual it says to turn in (clockwise) 1 full turn then turn out (counterclockwise) till there is a slight resistance then back in, 1/8 to 1/4 turn. Is that different when you add a 88cc kit?

Nope... Believe it or not the turn cw or ccw to it stops then a 1/4 turn is standard for just about every bike with a clutch of this design.. no matter what the engine size.. HD, Kawasaki, Honda.. etc...

Here's a hint.. before you do this; introduce a large amount of slack in your clutch cable first by what ever means.. then work your way back to the clutch handle. It'll save you alot of fiddlin..

·
Registered
294 Posts
tbbarber said:
The manuel is wrong, do oppisite of the manuel, BUT that will still not solve your problem for the third time. GET SOME HEAVY CLUTCH SPRINGS, or the heavy duty clutch setup from classic honda and it will stop slipping.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.