PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo guys!

I’ll try and make it short. So I have a 2006 CRF100F. It has a 136cc takegawa big bore kit amongst a few other goodies. I wanted to see what I could do about the kickstarter? Obviously with that compression and that weak kick starter it’s a recipe for disaster. I’m looking into a possible e start if anyones ever done it from a 150. Not too familiar with compression releases on these or if I can upgrade my kickstarter. All help and info would be greatly appreciated!! Looking to get in touch with storminnorman as I got his name through a buddy of anyone can help me with that.

· Registered
665 Posts
It’s the Kickstarter gear that’s the weakness. It wouldn’t be that big a deal if it was just removing the clutch cover to replace it when it breaks, but it requires complete disassembly of motor to get to it. It’s made of powdered metal if I remember correctly. There’s no e start option available or realistic to retrofit, and most with highly modded 100s learn to bump start every time.
As for StorminNorman, if there’s anybody that can help you, he can. 7-8 years ago he made a one off handmade Kickstarter gear for his own bike, I had to pry it from his hands with piles of money. It wasn’t cheap but it’s still holding up after all these years and different engine configurations I’ve used it on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.