PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a kepspeed 4cm extended swingarm for a ct70. Actually impressed with the welds and build quality. Bolted it up and noticed there’s a fair amount of slop when the axle/wheel is mounted up. Even with the 9 and 10 mm spacers on each side. Have you guys encountered this with the aftermarket swingarms? Have you had to get custom spacers made?

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
10mm spacers for a swinger is really quite large? Did the stock swinger fit tight? I've not yet run across any aftermarket swinger that required any spacers outside a thrust washer or two.

Oops...reread that...on the back you are saying...here's what I like to do.

I stack washers on the right side until the tire and the sprocket are where I want them and push the whole assembly against. THen when you have it, you add in the other washers to the other side. Once you have that...you can take the washers and the spacers out, measure, and have new ones made. Any local shop can make em for you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good idea with the washers. I follow through with that and probably get a custom spacer made. The clearance between the chain and the left lower shock mount bolt is so tight, part of me wonders why they didn’t recess that bolt into the swingarm versus having a half head style bolt mount on the inside of the shock mount. We’re swueezing in a 120/90/10 back there so I’m sure I’ll probably run into shock clearance issues later the way things have been going haha. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im now trying to install the same swingarm on my 82 ct and have the same problem, did you get it all worked out?
Other problem i have is axle bolt is to short with kepspeed chain adjusters!
Any feedback could/would help...thx

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Is that swingarm wider than stock? Normally you should be able to slip the oem spacer(30mm)/hub/brakeplate combo right in with minimal spacing.
10mm extra spacers both sides does not sound right.

ps. @ the chain and bolt problem, check if one of the bolts has a lower head, the lower head belongs at the chain side. That is the way aftermarket swingarms normally solve that.
On a G-craft monkey swingarm I had to mount the fishplate on the wheelside to clear that bolt. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts