PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
If its anything like the Knock off that came on my piranha 190 then dont do it. Ive had nothing but problems. I did get it run decent with a 44 pilot and the clip in the very top position. I dont know the size of the main thats in there because it isnt marked. For giggles I just stuck a 125 main and a 52 pilot in there and im going to see if it runs any better. It probably wont, but this is just an experiment.. Save your money and get the real deal PE28. JetsRus.com has them for 104 dollars..

EDIT: It ran great with the 125 main and 52 pilot. When I went to start it again it just wouldnt. I kicked it 100 times. No go. I stopped because I was worried about breaking a case or kicker shaft. I left the 152 main in there and went back to the 44 pilot. It runs mint. I havent did a plug reading yet because I want to run it like this a tad longer. Makes me wonder if I could low the clip a little now. I will see what that does. I should probably just leave it alone.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Piranhas are Genuine

Hi guys. The Piranha Bikes come with genuine Keihin carbs. We have the invoices to show it. Two customers have reported having a bent needles in their new carb. if you're having a problem with your Piranha, call us at 330-434-7777. We will be more than happy to resolve the problem.

If its anything like the Knock off that came on my piranha 190 then dont do it. Ive had nothing but problems. I did get it run decent with a 44 pilot and the clip in the very top position. I dont know the size of the main thats in there because it isnt marked. For giggles I just stuck a 125 main and a 52 pilot in there and im going to see if it runs any better. It probably wont, but this is just an experiment.. Save your money and get the real deal PE28. JetsRus.com has them for 104 dollars..

·
Registered
258 Posts
I actually noticed yesterday that my needle was bent. I do however think it was my fault as I had the carb off and on probably about 20 times. I can say now that I am truly happy with my purchase. At first I had really bad buyers remorse. Spend 3000 on something that wouldnt run right kinda put a damper on things. But now I am extremely happy with my Piranha with the "Genuine Keihin".. It may be genuine, but its not made in japan. Not saying the one made else where isnt good, Im just saying the one made in Japan would be better.. After many hours of time and trial and error I finally got my "genuine" pe28 to run how its supposed to run. Before that the bike was being fixed on more than being ridden. It infuriated me. But I kept to it, determined to fix it. Stock set up was 35 pilot, clip in the middle position, Not sure on the main because it wasn't marked, but I believe they are 120 stock. I put 44 pilot, 125 main, and top clip position on the needle 1 1/2 turns out from seated on the air screw. I know other people had great like with theirs, but mine has just been a complete nightmare. For $104 dollars at JetsRus or any of the vendors here its worth it to just get the japanese version.. But then again maybe the one that you get is perfectly fine. Mine took a lot of time and different jet sizes to get to where I am... whatever you decide, good luck. I hope everything works out great for you.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hi guys. The Piranha Bikes come with genuine Keihin carbs. We have the invoices to show it. Two customers have reported having a bent needles in their new carb. if you're having a problem with your Piranha, call us at 330-434-7777. We will be more than happy to resolve the problem.
^ True story ^ I received a bent needle in my new genuine Keihin carb on my 190 & these guys fixed me up as soon as I discovered it. Bike has been ripping ever since!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.