PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My race tomorrow is gonna rain. I just put on a mikuni 26mm carb. I can't run an airbox anymore. Any suggestions on how to keep my exposed air filter dry?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only have a stock airbox and my race is tomorrow. Any ideas how to keep exposed ones dry?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I've ridden in standing water before since it was raining so hard while I was riding, just try to keep it out of the puddles as much as possible. Mine ended up fine.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Mxfreak_24 said:
I've ridden in standing water before since it was raining so hard while I was riding, just try to keep it out of the puddles as much as possible. Mine ended up fine.

same here, but i go through the puddles haha

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nautha said:
cut a soda plastic bottle (u need the ending part) and zip tie it to the air filter rubber mount.

I've heard of that I might try it. I was told to try covering it with panty hose haha. I'm gonna try that too

·
Registered
193 Posts
mantia20 said:
Yeah I know I need one. Payin for college now need all the money I can get

I feel ya i've been there too. thats when you get creative. like that home made airbox deal...

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
duct tape! and cardboard the 2liter bottle cut it up and make it phatfiddys....zip ties and what ever you can make work..just make sure it sheilds from the bottom as well...

watch out for melting or fires haha

·
Registered
864 Posts
even with a U-flow you could have the same problem, water will get everywhere, so I'm sure no matter where your filter is it could get sucked in. A custom airbox is the way to go, I like the coke bottle idea!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts