PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got lucky and found a Kayo Mini GP which at one point came to the US shore from Pitster and was called the X2 Mini GP.
Its not too bad of a bike.
Has a vertical 125 the pulls ok.
Not like my horizontal YX160 in my mini motard does though.
The trans is a 1 up 4 down GP style shift trans.
Typical 45/48USD forks with no adjustments.
Good thing I can pick up some Fastace 45/48 USD forks and swap them in.
Has a remote reservoir rear shock but unfortunately no adjustments as well.
Same thing though the shock can be swapped out.
I plan doing a MotoGP Replica theme with the bike.
Not sure if I am gonna do a Simocelli replica or a Rossi Honda Replica(I know he has been gone from them for a long time) but the body styles plays more towards the Honda look with the single up under the seat exhaust.

I will post some pics once I get a chance with better weather and all.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally got some pics

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yes very nice lookin bike. I wish they would have came with the horizontal motors instead though.
I don't know what the capatability is between the chinese vert motors. With the actual honda vert motor as far as upgrading performance parts goes.
Plus to upgrade the horizontal motor are cheaper I believe.

·
Registered
369 Posts
:) Hi, These are Yamaha based 125 engines, not Honda. Virtually identical to the TTR 125 or YBL125 sold in some markets.

These bikes perform very well in the spec 125 classes and they can be modded up very well, BTW: some guys running in unlimited Formula classes have bolted in CRF150 engines with no problem,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair
That's good to know.
When pitsterpro starting selling these. They mentioned that the honda crf150 would bolt right into these bikes. Plus being that these bikes are also clones of the nsf. One could easily be led to believe that powerplant was also cloned after honda.
I definitely didn't see that coming.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I found my San Carlo Gresini #58 Marco Simocelli kit
Time to sand down the body and get it prepped for some painting

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got lucky and found a Kayo Mini GP which at one point came to the US shore from Pitster and was called the X2 Mini GP.
Its not too bad of a bike.
Has a vertical 125 the pulls ok.
Not like my horizontal YX160 in my mini motard does though.
The trans is a 1 up 4 down GP style shift trans.
Typical 45/48USD forks with no adjustments.
Good thing I can pick up some Fastace 45/48 USD forks and swap them in.
Has a remote reservoir rear shock but unfortunately no adjustments as well.
Same thing though the shock can be swapped out.
I plan doing a MotoGP Replica theme with the bike.
Not sure if I am gonna do a Simocelli replica or a Rossi Honda Replica(I know he has been gone from them for a long time) but the body styles plays more towards the Honda look with the single up under the seat exhaust.

I will post some pics once I get a chance with better weather and all.
Can you tell me anything more about the Kayo, I'm trying to get something going here in Iowa/Illinois/Wisconsin for minigp racing and would like to talk to anyone who has run one of these long enough to see how they hold up. I'm talking track use so they might get flogged pretty hard.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
If you don't drop a Honda CRF-X 450 in this bike YOUR NOT AMERICAN!!!!

haha, all joking aside, you gotta put something in it that actually gets out of its own way. At least a 250f. And the X is e-start by the way.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Man that's a good looking rig lol didn't I see u post this on craigslist here in okc
Everything is for sale as soon as it comes into my hands.
The Piranha is for sale
My custom cue is for sale
My six helmets are for sale
I just buy and sell alot unfortunately...sometimes its a bad thing hahaha.

Can you tell me anything more about the Kayo, I'm trying to get something going here in Iowa/Illinois/Wisconsin for minigp racing and would like to talk to anyone who has run one of these long enough to see how they hold up. I'm talking track use so they might get flogged pretty hard.
I think the bike will hold good from what I have played around on in the neighborhood.
Know your sizes of components and you can upgrade what you feel needed.
Im looking out for some good front forks right now at a steal for a price as well as the rear shock just incase.
Will probably switch out to 30mm riser clip ons to see how it feels as well.
Been in touch with Blair on possibly picking up rearsets, keyless gas cap, and possibly some other small items.
Going to have my machinest who builds custom bikes as well everything else basically drill and tap the from axles for some sliders.
First thing first though is sanding the rough edges off the bodywork, getting it painted and applying my San Carlo Gresini Marco Simoncelli Race Replica graphics.
I will probably powder coat the wheels red as well to set it off differently.
If I do race it will be in OSB Supermoto
Red has started a really nice program there and racing is pretty fun.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got the graphics in finally since they came from the UK.
Overall not bad
Most items are sized good couple of them abit small but still a good deal.

We just moved into our new house so that is gonna take some for sure.
I will get some pics as soon as I get some time to spend with the bike.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There is a vid somewhere on the net with one with a 150R in one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.