PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has probably been covered on here numerous times but I can't find what I am looking for so here goes...

How often should the oil be changed? The bike is stock plus a pipe and is being ridden by my 11 year old beginner.

What oil do you guys have the best luck with? I am really partial to Lucas oil products and would prefer to use Lucas 10-40 motorcycle oil unless someone on here tells me not to.

With the bike standing straight up and down and level, where should I see the oil level in the sight window? Just barely visible, Halfway up the window, or damn near the top of window?

And finally, when he laid the bike over the other day it took him a few seconds to get it shut off and a decent amount of oil poured out of what appeared to be to top of the tranny case. I am sure there is probably a pressure vent with a breather hose so does that mean my hose is cracked or not attached properly??

Thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
darnall said:
How often should the oil be changed? The bike is stock plus a pipe and is being ridden by my 11 year old beginner.

I change mine out when it lost it's gold color .

darnall said:
What oil do you guys have the best luck with? I am really partial to Lucas oil products and would prefer to use Lucas 10-40 motorcycle oil unless someone on here tells me not to.

As long as you use a non-synthetic brand of motorcycle oil with the auto clutch setup .., your good imo ... :)

Oh ya ..., I use GOLDEN SPECTRO and change out the oil filter every other oil change .. :)

darnall said:
With the bike standing straight up and down and level, where should I see the oil level in the sight window? Just barely visible, Halfway up the window, or damn near the top of window?

The service manual says about 1qt .. I run more .. :)

darnall said:
And finally, when he laid the bike over the other day it took him a few seconds to get it shut off and a decent amount of oil poured out of what appeared to be to top of the tranny case. I am sure there is probably a pressure vent with a breather hose so does that mean my hose is cracked or not attached properly??

Thanks in advance for any help

Well., if didn't pour out of the end of the breather tube , which is secured on the frame under that steel tab between the swingarm pivot and frame ... ?? It sure sounds like there is a hole in the tube ...?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts