PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
z125.jpg z1252.jpg This is being prepped right now by a friend of mine at a dealer. KLX110 based motor. Looks like one could put a TB stroker crank, 143, v2 head, the cam gear for the L so the cam chain meshes with the TB head and the throttle body & injector to a Honda PCX150 and off you go.......

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know there are other posts on this but none have showed close up photos - came from reputable source to show for sure its a KLX110 based motor - it was all speculation from what I read. I apologize if I didn't read enough/missed something.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I honestly like it. I'm a honda guy. I would buy a grom but if that motor is similar to the L which it is it's a way better motor. Yeah the grom you can bolt on a 181 without case mods but stock form to stunt which I know some of us will do. They feel so mushy. Clutch is weak. On it. It needs hd spring for from the factory. I want to ride a z125 and if it felt anything like my stock klx. I'll most likely get one. And has a killer price point.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have one, and here's my short review,

The bike is awesome and looks amazing.
It is not that fast at all stock, a stock klx 110 will smoke it. It's top speed is like 55-60 on a long stretch. But with a intake, fuel controller and exhaust I think it can wake it up big time, but that will cost about 1000-1500 additonal. Overall I am totally happy with it, I didn't buy it to go fast, and will be modding it soon.

Also the motor is supposed to not be like our klx motors, the cam is a lot different in the head, as of now, we came to conclusion most klx motor parts will not work, maybe the crank will and cylinder, but the head is a lot different with the cam in it.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm. I could be wrong as I am very unfamiliar with fuel injection on a dirt bike. But I would think if a KLX Big bore cylinder will fit, any KLX aftermarket head that normally mates to that cylinder would work? As long a the cam chain is the same as at least the 10+ bikes, the tb L cam gear should be able to be used to make this happen. Will be interesting to see what people do to these.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts