PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1990 NSR50 AC-10,Vespa 50,1998 VFR800, Austin Healey 3000
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess it would have been better posted here but in the interest of not cross posting I wont repeat it unless I get no replies.

Hopefully members of the sub forum will see it anyway and reply.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mods moved my Intro post to the correct spot-thanks guys.

I got email advice of replies (from slickz50R and drtbkr188) but they seem to have vanished in the move. I even looked in their individual profiles and the replies do not show as activity! I decided maybe I should at least relist my query without some of my background.

A while ago (like 10years)I scored a Japanese version of an NSR50 AC-10 which is road registered in New Zealand. Its actually listed on the rego papers as a Honda Beasto_O.....obviously compliance was not an issue when it was first registered

As I know $tuff all about 2 strokes I am going to need some help as the manual seems to be non-existant although I have a copy of the 04 one.

It does not to have a battery and I am unable to even see where one might fit. I looked at the 2004 manual and it appears that starting is by pushing It.. I guess that is because they are racebikes. Mine has a kickstart but I can probably manage a push start on this..the VFR800 not so much!!

First question...should it have a battery? :unsure:Specs have a blank where battery detail should be. CMNSL wesite shows a battery on the parts page and lists it as YB2(JDM). I don't know if that is correct as it is priced at US$246.86!!!! which seems a tad expensive for a small battery.

I have to track down a filter as the seller seems to have been riding it without a filter in the airbox..fingers crossed its still OK and not in need of a rebore (do I hear "Go Big Bore Kit).

Any advice welcome

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like the battery code is: YB2.5L-C
@mattmofob Thanks for that and I think I found the battery box..tucked up under the tail and partly hidden under a rats nest of wiring. The terminal "cables" appear to be not much more than normal lighting wire!!! I think this is going to be something that needs sorting sooner rather than later. Unfortunately my electrical skills are of the "If you can't fix it with a hammer it's and electrical problem" level

Maybe thats why the seller never had a battery in there in the first place??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.