PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the zb world, but already in love with the little thing. I just got a 620 mile, untouched, original (i think) zb50. Original tires and all. Problems: Missing mirrors. Is there another honda with similar ones that are easy to get? Also, this machine has been parked for 15 years. I have the gas tank pretty well cleaned, but there are some sections of the tank I feel still have a lot of varnish (probably unseen). Is there a magic solution i can put in the tank and have it look like new? Its not really rusted, just like dried gas. Thanks for the help.

zb50.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick reply. Definitely will do that to tank. One more question, the little guard on the muffler on this bike is chrome, most pics i've seen they are black or missing(ha!). This chrome one must be some kind of replacement? Probably will paint it black.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another quick question, Would it be worth removing the original tires and putting on new ones. I plan on riding it a fair amount, would original tires add any value in the future if I decide to sell it 5-10 years down the road?

·
Super Moderator
10,389 Posts
Another quick question, Would it be worth removing the original tires and putting on new ones. I plan on riding it a fair amount, would original tires add any value in the future if I decide to sell it 5-10 years down the road?
If you are planning on riding the bike get new tires. The original ones are old and the rubber gets hard & gives little traction.... (dry rot)..... which is not safe. Get new tires but save the old ones. Original back tires are hard to find.
tmas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts