PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup Guys. I am finally in the Fiddy clan. One question, when riding today noticed when I shifted from into first from neutral there was a CLUNK, and as I released pressure another CLUNK. I didnt notice this at first. The rest of the gears dont do that. Who in your opinion makes the best bars, and springs. I am 5'8" 190 and 28 yrs old. Those are my first to planned mods. I see on ebay a guy has seat height raisers that raise the bike equally front to back 3 inches and back 1 1/4 inch. I like the sounds of that. DAMN, that stock seat is HARD.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Well its hard to pick a single set out of bars that stand out from the rest. Its all about personal prefrence there, whether its mx style or bmx style as most bars are pretty strong. Also if you wanna raise seat height, I recommend just upgrading suspension. :D

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
how fast is your idle? my bike does that into nu when its ruved up. i dont think its damaging.

the seat risers are just for noobs, that dont really know what they are buying.

springs- progressive fronts are the sh!t right now, fiveo makes sum. be sure to get a rear spring or a shock(i reccomend ishock w/o res, cheap and good)too.

pegs are also on the list, all afterm pegs are cool, its ur choice.

skidplate has saved my case countless times, so get one of them too, there all good too.

also if u start jumping a framebrace is a good investment if you cant afford a 400+$ frame.

goodluck,

stanton

·
Registered
185 Posts
MX bars are lower and wider. Most BMX bars are taller and narrower. The MX bars are for stability on the track. I actually wanted BMX bars, but found a nice deal on a bar kit that came with MX bars. I didnt like them at first, but they are growing on me.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
i have a mx bar kit fs...look at my signature..i have pics if interested

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am going to be buying a xr50 shortly I just have to find the right one and I am trying to figure out what bars I should get because there is so many and if BMX or MX. I plan on building a track in my backyard and also heading up to the local tracks maybe even enter a couple races before the end of the summer, but I also will be riding trails and street riding, so I don’t if it would be ok to get BMX or MX if I got BMX would there be much difference between them and MX?

·
Registered
0 Posts
varial said:
if I got BMX would there be much difference between them and MX?

MX Bars (Tag T2)

Typical BMX bars.

MX Style on a Fiddy.

BMX Style on a Fiddy.

As you can see, the MX bars give you a wider arm stance.

It all depends on your own riding style to what bars will be suited for you..

Do you race/jump BMX bikes? Have you rode a big MX bike?

It all depends on 'what feels good to you'..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the help. I'm used to my X5 handlebars on my 400ex which are wider than the T2. Also I've never ridden a BMX bike or MX bike. Would both the bars be the same for wheelies and freestyle? I'm leaning towards the MX bars right now; does anyone know of a real good MX bar kit? The applied bar kit looks good, is this a good setup? Sorry for all the questions and thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My bike is the black one posted above. Which has the Joker kit. Everything is very well made. It includes EVERYTHING you need. Longer cables, CR style killswitch, and even a number plate bracket is included as well. The only down side to the kit is the fact that there are NO instructions at all. Luckily, the concept its pretty much the same as the Two Bros setup, so you can use the instructions from Two Bros site to get you through the install easily.

The biggest deciding factor for me purchasing the Joker Bar kit, was the fact that I found it on sale at DennisKirk.com for $171 sipped. Thats the cheapest I have found any complete bar kit for. Unfortunately, I bought the last one.

I dont have a problem riding wheelies with the MX kit, other then my inherited lack of balance. :lol: The bars are very wide, which makes cornering and control a lot better. I dont regret buying the Joker Machine kit at all.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
i say u just get it over with and buy my setup i have fs..u wont find a better one for the money..

·
Registered
0 Posts
RacingRice said:
My bike is the black one posted above. Which has the Joker kit. Everything is very well made.

Sorry I jacked your picture. It was the first one with MX bars in the gallery. (my bike is the other pic)

I checked out Joker Machine's parts in Vegas and I agree, everything seems very well made and robust...

+ the girls who work there are hot. :D

·
Registered
185 Posts
MulishaSympathizer said:
[quote name='RacingRice']My bike is the black one posted above. Which has the Joker kit. Everything is very well made.

Sorry I jacked your picture. It was the first one with MX bars in the gallery. (my bike is the other pic) [/quote]

Nah, its cool with me. If I didnt want people to see if I wouldnt have uploaded it. :wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.