PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heey like it says i just bought this bike last week and so far its been a blast! its 2014 and so far only has the TB 170-184cc big bore kit that included the carb and everything..looking to eventually get the v2 head kit but we will see. Im wanting to go ahead and change oil and filter since idk when the last guy did it..are there any other filters that will fit? id like to be able to pic one up from my local dealership? I don't really want to have to order one every time. Also what is the oil capacity? What should be the valve clearance? and is there anything else i should know or look out for with these chinese bikes?

01515_5Y7gDYDkyQ0_600x450.jpg

·
Registered
736 Posts
Heey like it says i just bought this bike last week and so far its been a blast! its 2014 and so far only has the TB 170-184cc big bore kit that included the carb and everything..looking to eventually get the v2 head kit but we will see. Im wanting to go ahead and change oil and filter since idk when the last guy did it..are there any other filters that will fit? id like to be able to pic one up from my local dealership? I don't really want to have to order one every time. Also what is the oil capacity? What should be the valve clearance? and is there anything else i should know or look out for with these chinese bikes?

View attachment 166896
treat it like a jap bike and it will last like one, you got a [email protected]$$ bike

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alrighty so I ran into my first problem lol gotta love dirt bikes. I was riding my friends arenacross track and come back to the pits look down and gas is pouring out of my bowl drain. I plan on tearing it apart and cleaning everything today. Does anyone know the recommended float height for the 28mm TB performance carb? I was kind of thinking of ordering a keihin for it since they are much more reliable. And is there any diaphragms or gaskets I should remove before I spray cleaner through it? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it all cleaned up and lowered the float height a mm or two. Doesn't let fuel out as of right now only rode it around for about 10 minutes last night. But had an interesting discovery. I mentioned in earlier posts the mods done to the bike and the aftermarket carb comes stock with a 50 pilot and 125 main jet. Right now it has a 44 and 120 installed.. It just seemed weird to me that would go smaller for a bigger motor. Anyone have any insight? My air screw is 1 turn out. And bike doesn't bog anywhere but I feel like the power could be a little snappier. Although my other bike is a yz450f so might be comparing apples to oranges. LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts