PlanetMinis Forums banner
201 - 220 of 230 Posts

·
Premium Member
1970 CT70, 2019 Super Cub 125, and five or six other basket cases
214 Posts
OHHHHHH!!!!! Does the tank have a reserve? The fuel shut offs will equalize the fuel in the little straw that separates the regular fuel portion of the tank from the reserve portions is the tank full? Sorry you’re having so much trouble with the bike. I can imagine how much you just want to ride it.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·
For whatever reason this configuration works. Yes, you can see a bubble but when running the bubble is small/goes away completely. That said it still jerks/studders now when I ride it. Troubleshooting with @dirtbkr188 and he thinks maybe it's getting too much fuel, so I'll try to lean it up tomorrow. I'd certainly call this progress, I made it around my neighborhood and back despite the really rough ride.

@rustynuts - tank is spotless. There is about 2-3 inches of clear fuel line under it before it comes out the frame.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I’m sorry… did you say you knew the float was set right? I thought you had but looking through I can’t find it. The float being off could cause the jet to close. If it runs then don’t mess with it again, but if you do happen to take it apart make sure the little square hanger on the float needle jet thing is hooked over the tab on the float. So you’re naming the bike gizmo right?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
I’m sorry… did you say you knew the float was set right? I thought you had but looking through I can’t find it. The float being off could cause the jet to close. If it runs then don’t mess with it again, but if you do happen to take it apart make sure the little square hanger on the float needle jet thing is hooked over the tab on the float. So you’re naming the bike gizmo right?
I had the carb apart to ultra sonic clean about 2 weeks ago and yes, I made sure the float was functional.

Gizmo works, I'm not against it. I was thinking Johnny 5, since I'll be stoked when it's finally alive.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
It's been 31 days and basically all I've done is just move it to different places in the garage. Turns out back when I bought fuel line, it wasn't fuel line. It was food grade silicone hosing. Well after the hose tore on both this bike and my XR70, I bought some proper hose. The kinda-sorta issue with this is that it's black and not clear, so if I'm still having fueling issues I'll be less easy for me to tell.

I posted the bike for sale on FB and then I took it down. I guess I'm just frustrated with it. I have less and less time to work on it lately and I just want something I can ride. When I wanna go places I ride the Baja and just hope I don't get pulled over. I'm tempted to VT loop hole the Baja and cancel everything on the Cub.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I mean, 100% Vermont reg the Baja because it’s stupid easy and would be fun, but I’d say at least finish this out. Again not trying to beat a dead horse but have you tried the old hand over the carb opening trick?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
I want to say my fuel issue maybe resolved with this proper line? I got it to idle and sprayed some carb cleaner. I believe I have an air leak between carb-spacer-intake. I'm going to venture down that road this week. I have two spacers sammiched together with some gasket maker between them, it gives me the clearance I need from the frame. I noticed when I give it gas it hangs up, that's what lead me to spraying around.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
The thing is, if I was in the UK, I would have sold it by now. Finding someone local to me in the US who would want to take this seems impossible, maybe if I was closer to ATL and not out in the middle of no where.

I still feel like for the sake of safety that selling it and going to a modern bike is smarter but... we'll see how my feelings towards the situation are when I finally get to ride it without issue.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·
Someone take this pain away, please, someone buy this from me.

After the SECOND time of emptying an entire fuel tank onto my garage floor, I figured adding an on off was a solid choice.

VM26 is on and it's still doing the SAME THING. I checked the timing just to be sure, it's spot on. Does anyone have jetting recommendations for a VM26 on this motor? It idles great but breaks up at any throttle position, it wants to go but it just wont. I'm so close but I just can't get it running.

·
Administrator
10,463 Posts
Are you running the factory jets (#190 main and #22.5 pilot) right out of the box, Shane?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
Thank you all for joining me on this adventure.

While it didn't pan out how I hoped, the timing to sell it did. I just found out I two days ago I have to go overseas for an unknown amount of time, so it just worked to offload it.

I'll be replacing it with a ZB50, so not all is lost.

See you all in a few months or so?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Take care and good luck! Keep us posted. I’m totally partial but the ZB will be way cooler ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

201 - 220 of 230 Posts