PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I found a Jincheng bike today. I have a few questions about it and hope someone can help.

1) Is there a way to get a title for this ?

2) Anyone know how to tell what model it is by the vin# ?

3) What's it worth? The guy who has it thought is was a Honda CT70. And wanted $1,000 bucks for it :laugh2:. When I let him know what he had he offered it to me for what he paid for it ($200.00). Looks pretty good and would crank but ran out of gas so I didn't get to check the trans. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The problem is that the Jincheng bikes are too new to get titles from many of the title services, and additionally, many of them were imported without DOT approval. The one you found may be off-road only and be a real headache to register and title.

At least if you find a real Honda CT, most all of which were street legal, you may be able to get a title from a title service, or if your state is like mine, there may be no title requirement for early vehicles. I can pretty much buy any pre-75 vehicle without a title and get it registered in my state.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Actually, in a state like ours (AL) We don't have to have a title, tag, or registration for bikes under 150cc, 5 hp, and under 200lbs. AL rocks for that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts