PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Greg,

Post the builds, updates, etc in the ZB50 or Monkeybike section since nobody hardly reads threads in this forum other then when they are on the front page.

Or, if you so choose, we could create an Ape and XR100 motard forum for you, Brad, Dan and Jokerio to post in :)

Congrats on the purchase. Great bike out of the box.

Dan

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, just got back from the maiden voyage....

Dan, thanks I wanted to post up in the other section but felt it might be a party foul after I re-read the description.

I did pick this up from Jokerio and the local folks are welcome to ride it!

First impressions, sewing machine quite. I can't hear the damn thing well enough to shift.

I'm really just learning about them but do know some of the differences to the US XR are the tranny. This is a 5 speed. Also the swinger is extened compared to the ape. I think it is +4.

I wonder how many are around? If there is enough maybe a group would make sense???

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
gstegman said:
I wonder how many are around? If there is enough maybe a group would make sense???

There's not enough around. Post up in the JDM Monkeybikes/Z50 Area. It makes the most logical sense. If I ever pick up an R&P, this is where I'll post.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bwise said:
you're stoked. i got the 50 version. waiting to acquire some parts for a build also. need to get my motor beefed up. looking forward to what you do with it.

Stocker? Do you have a thread going? I was shocked when I looked at the pipe on this thing. The bung hole on this beast is smaller than a dime!

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
gstegman said:
Stocker? Do you have a thread going? I was shocked when I looked at the pipe on this thing. The bung hole on this beast is smaller than a dime!

Take off the intake and look at the restrictor plate on that thing and you'll be more shocked.

·
Registered
153 Posts
gstegman said:

stocked out. no thread yet. didnt want to jump the gun. ill start one once i i get some parts in to toss on it.

you're not lyin about the exhaust. seweing machine is right. im thinking alot of that quietness comes from the intake setup also. and what about that horn? sounds like a smoke detector.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.