PlanetMinis Forums banner

JDM XR100 w/CA plate

3173 Views 51 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  Z
I found this 20 miles from my home! Since I picked it up (last night) and I have been scouring BBK's. Anyone running the Kitaco DOHC or Tak 124 stage II? I plan to street it with very little track use.

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Nice! I had a chance to ride my friends for a week...... was a blast and if i kept it ANY long i could get my self in alot of trouble!

~SHawn
OMG...Lucky man...what a find! Congrats! :fing02:

I wonder if your ZB is going to be jealous?
Greg,

Post the builds, updates, etc in the ZB50 or Monkeybike section since nobody hardly reads threads in this forum other then when they are on the front page.

Or, if you so choose, we could create an Ape and XR100 motard forum for you, Brad, Dan and Jokerio to post in :)

Congrats on the purchase. Great bike out of the box.

Dan
See less See more
OMG...Lucky man...what a find! Congrats! :fing02:

I wonder if your ZB is going to be jealous?
:Eyecrazy: When do I get to ride the thing ;)

Is this similar to the US XR100? I've seen a few plated ones and wonder if I can convert it to JDM easily.
O MAN! Thats gona be a blast!!

Props on the new whip!
Thanks guys, just got back from the maiden voyage....

Dan, thanks I wanted to post up in the other section but felt it might be a party foul after I re-read the description.

I did pick this up from Jokerio and the local folks are welcome to ride it!

First impressions, sewing machine quite. I can't hear the damn thing well enough to shift.

I'm really just learning about them but do know some of the differences to the US XR are the tranny. This is a 5 speed. Also the swinger is extened compared to the ape. I think it is +4.

I wonder how many are around? If there is enough maybe a group would make sense???
See less See more
gstegman said:
I wonder how many are around? If there is enough maybe a group would make sense???

There's not enough around. Post up in the JDM Monkeybikes/Z50 Area. It makes the most logical sense. If I ever pick up an R&P, this is where I'll post.
You don't want that junk...you should sell it...to me...
If the deal falls through with fatcaat, I all 2nd dibs...

gstegman said:
Thanks guys, just got back from the maiden voyage....

I did pick this up from Jokerio and the local folks are welcome to ride it!

How many miles do you consider "local"? :tongue:
I'm so jealous. Is it big enough to 2 up on it?
shw911 said:
If the deal falls through with fatcaat, I all 2nd dibs...

How many miles do you consider "local"? :tongue:

You know where I live, let me know next time you are in my hood :D
EddieNewYork said:
I'm so jealous. Is it big enough to 2 up on it?

You can tell they made an effort to ride two up. In addition to the obvious pegs, the seat is looooooonnnnng and it has those little guards on the subframe.
you're stoked. i got the 50 version. waiting to acquire some parts for a build also. need to get my motor beefed up. looking forward to what you do with it.
bwise said:
you're stoked. i got the 50 version. waiting to acquire some parts for a build also. need to get my motor beefed up. looking forward to what you do with it.

Stocker? Do you have a thread going? I was shocked when I looked at the pipe on this thing. The bung hole on this beast is smaller than a dime!
gstegman said:
Stocker? Do you have a thread going? I was shocked when I looked at the pipe on this thing. The bung hole on this beast is smaller than a dime!

Take off the intake and look at the restrictor plate on that thing and you'll be more shocked.
gstegman said:

stocked out. no thread yet. didnt want to jump the gun. ill start one once i i get some parts in to toss on it.

you're not lyin about the exhaust. seweing machine is right. im thinking alot of that quietness comes from the intake setup also. and what about that horn? sounds like a smoke detector.
Anyone know where I could get those handle bars?
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.