PlanetMinis Forums banner

jardine pipe ?

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  SixSixSix 
#1 ·
does anyone know it if is good or not and where do you get the power bottom, mid, top?

thanks for the help

#4 ·
First off, Nick PM me when if you have any issues with me answering questions about my exhaust systems. I understand the rules about advertising, but I am a fiddy rider just like the rest of us here and I'm sure I can answer this question better than anyone.

Okay, now that that is said, in case you don't know my name is Troy and I'm the engineering manager for Jardine Performance. We've been manufacturing exhaust systems for street motorcycles for a LONG time and have been the exhaust system sponsor for American Honda's AMA Supersport and Superbike race team for 5 years. We debuted our RT4 off-road exhaust system line about two years ago and we've repeatedly had great magazine reviews and tests since then. I'm very proud of our products and the performance gains we've been able to produce.

We recently prototyped an exhaust system off of my CRF50 and yesterday I posted some pictures of it here....http://www.planetminis.com/modules....ame=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php It's designed with a stepped header and made of stainless steel. Our dyno charts showed promising results on my 49cc bike, and with Nick's permission, I will post the chart for you guys to take a look at. I'm also quite confident that it will perform great on big bore fiddys because the exhaust isn't your garden variety 7/8" pipe like I've seen from many other manufacturers. The pipe is entering my production department now and will be available in 6-8 weeks. I will let everyone know when they go into stock.

Thanks for the interest and btw, that is my dorky butt jumping in the third picture in my album.

#10 ·
SixSixSix said:
hey troy very cool your designing a pipe, just curious whats your background ?

First off, I can't really say that I solely designed the pipe, that wouldn't be fair. It's much more of a team effort here. I've got three R&D guys who work for me and they have over 45 years combined of fabrication and exhaust building experience. I do a lot of the research and give them a direction, then they make magic happen. As for myself, I'm 26 years old and I've been doing computer aided drafting since I was 18 years old. I've been at Jardine and in the motorcycle industry for 6 years now. I started as your standard drafter and am now our Engineering Manager. I couldn't imagine working in any other industry, this is like play time every day for a lot of us.

#11 ·
Whut up Troy haven't seen you in a while ( and dude your my neighbor) Heh I want to get some of your exhuast systems in here at RC .

Heh to all you who want to know about Jardine exhuast Troy is the man .

Jardine exhaust systems have big respect in the industry especialy from Honda these guys have been building serious race set ups for years and I'am glad to see them in the mini business.

PS. Troy bring one or 2 of thos e suckkers down here so we can test them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.