PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I often times stop when I see large amounts of bikes/mopeds/scooters in one place. It's lead me to find some, well, interesting things. So far, hands down this is my favorite. I've never wanted something more. The shop was closed but I plan to go back tomorrow and see if they are open, I really want to see if I can buy this abortion of a bike and toss a bigger motor in.

It's wild, crazy, and I love it.

Here are some bonus photos from my time so far in Japan:

Beautiful built Monkey.

Works (top) and Takegawa (bottom) wheels.

Before you ask, no he's not selling. While he runs a business, he seems like a collector as well. All the bikes in the windows had 0 km's, wheels were flat from sitting and they were in PRISTINE shape.

Not sure what I want more, a motocompo or a Baja... or that two seater monkey now..

That's it for now, I'll keep this post going. I'll be in Japan for 3 years so I'm sure I'll find more. I'm also happy to answer questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ホンダウイング角田 TUNODA HONDA
2446 Shindo, Minami-ku, Sagamihara-shi, Kanagawa-ken 252-0326

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Trailwing! It looked too well made to be custom/home built. It's so tempting to get, but I really want to hold off and try to get a Motocompo or Baja.

·
Registered
31 Posts
All that beautiful stuff. I was in a local Honda (auto) dealer looking for a new car, out of the corner of my eye, to my surprise there was a basically brand new city complete w motocompo. also a 1994 DelSol lx never titled.

You know you're OG Monkey man when u have one 50yo brand new old stock. Now triple that OGness and you get somebody pimper than pimp.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A few odd ones here in the states

Motocompo, squash with 4kms , Gyro X Blue took years to find and 27km Stream with original bag on seat. 20180326_193454.jpg 20180330_154647.jpg 20180330_160236.jpg

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whoa, one hell of a collection Shawn. I kinda want a Gyro, I see Domino's delivery guys going hard through the corners on them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I looked forever to find one that wasn't a mil kms and blue as you well know they are like a pickup in Texas there. I had a flat deck model with 50k kms and it was kinda ratty but a great pit bike at the races but I sold it , I'll bring another one over soon but its super fun to ride. Ill PM you .

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Found another shop, walked in, greeted the owner in Japanese and he wasn't interested in having me in his shop. The elderly are not very welcoming to foreigners, it's very frustrating when all I want to do is throw money at them.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I found this place: https://www.google.com/maps/place/〒252-0325+Kanagawa-ken,+Sagamihara-shi,+Minami-ku,+Araisono,+2+Chome−49,+KATOEXPORT/@35.5144237,139.4032798,3a,89.8y,148h,78.33t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s7fBibQWSebBOhsvcF-eUaQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x6018fe59ab639f9b:0x2693020d26fa2d0!8m2!3d35.5142558!4d139.4032947

While it's mainly scooters they also have a ton of Cubs, Super Cubs, a bunch of Ruckus/Zoomers and two beat up older Gorillas. I saw Honda Cross Cub 110 (that I'm tempted to go back buy), a few Chally's and other odds and ends. I'll probably go back tomorrow or next week and take some photos.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay.. .Someone help me on this one -

This doesn't look like your average Gorilla. I can't find anything with this strange dual (or quad) rear shock set up. Not to mention that front shock?!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
So, all of that looks like “interesting” mods. The front is a sort of personal tweak on a popular add-on, which is to add a hydraulic piston to one side of the front fork to add dampening rather then replacing entire fork. These typically do not also include springs. Now, I have a Vespa that came with something like what you posted in a box of extras. The idea is to stiffen thing as well as add proper dampening.

On the rear, you can see the single original shock mounts and it looks like it must be an added bracket that allows to mount the dual shock.

Not to be rude, but maybe the original rider was a little on the heavy side and was trying to get enough suspension stiffness. Interesting for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Solid explanation for sure, I've been looking at Honda's out here for 3 years and it's the first I've seen this! I should post more strange things I come across..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts