PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
NO IM NOT HIS BROTHER!

this is taken from another mx forum i am on.

so dont ask me questions. just giving an update

I'm Jake's brother-in-law. My wife has been on and off the phone with Jake's girlfriend, Jessica (who is at the hospital with him). Jake got hurt pretty bad. He has a broken leg, broken collar bone, broken jaw, broken eye socket, minor bleeding in his brain, bruised lungs, and several broken ribs.

Last we heard he was starting to wake up and was able to move one of his arms (his right side collar bone is broken so he can't really move his right arm) and legs. He was also able to wiggle his toes on both feet on command and he was squeezing Jessica's hand to answer questions he was being asked.

At this point, the doctors have said that everything that is wrong with him can be fixed.

Please keep him in your prayers and I will post more information as we get it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Dstardubbin said:
what exactly happened!? sounds bad

He came up short on a back flip and was thrown over the bars from the top of the ramp.It was scarry to watch!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bad news. I was at the race, but we were in our trailer at the time of the accident. We heard the helicoptors. We didn't find out till later that night that it was Jake Windham. I'll say A prayer. Ps I'm glad I didn't see the fall. It would have freaked my out.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
yeah, it sucked to see...i watched it happen and it was almost slow motion.

he flipped and was a little sideways and endowed on the saftey deck part of the ramp. he bounced off the top down to the ground...probably a good 15 or 20 feet.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
His brother in law gave another update a few days ago...

"I talk to my mother-in-law last night and she said that Jake had another CAT scan done and the bleeding in his brain had stopped and he was getting ready to go into surgery to repair his leg (he broke it just above his ankle and both the tib and fib in 2 places).

They haven't said when they are going to repair his jaw (broken in 3 places) or when they are going to repair his eye socket but I wouldn't think it would be too much longer.

I'll keep you all posted!

PH"

Jake is such a nice guy and a tought guy individual from what I hear, I hope he makes a full recovery...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
broken jaws suck! they wire your mouth shut....god a feel bad for him. keep him in your prayers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.