PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
88 is fun..got lot's of pop and it's pretty fast for what I want it to be..

haven't had any problems with spinnin the tire...so no need for a rim lock..but once I bump it up..then I'm sure I'll be drilling my rim..

I don't stunt it...I plan on buying another set of wheels and tires for street use from T bolt..

I just like to mess around in the dirt, goon it...throw it sideways some in the garage and driveway..ya know? use it as a all around "real" pitbike..

I got the Tag 88 kit so far.

Fast 50 pipe..but it leaks..so I'm working on a custom set up..just need a head pipe to mate to a nice muffler I got.

BBR rev box.. says NGK on the plug..so not sure if upgraded coil or just plug wire is NGK

I don't know what head I have, etc.

I gotta clean the carb up and read the stamping to find out what size it is.

Help me out..I'm new to the 50 motors lol.

What do I need to make it X using O?

(aka what do I need to make it a 108, etc?)

-Justin

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
ya read what rebel and I have been discussing. you need racehead, carb and intake, and a 51mm crank. You also need to find out though if that piston is suppose to mate to a 50 or 51mm crank and what head and piston top you have...where in nor cal are you? Im in the bay area...i just told rebel i was thinking about selling the stroker kit or tossing it on a spare motor and selling a stroker motor...

HD auto clutch though and HV oil pump are a must

·
Registered
96 Posts
you dont need a race head to make it a 108

i had a 106 with stock head ( ported )

but you need crank piston and probs bigger carb i ran a 26mm

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
true but all the power your missing out on because of the small head and the small carb/intake really doesnt make sense to stroker the motor

·
Registered
430 Posts
i feel you on the funds part i messed up big time couple mounts ago

bought a BNIB 117 kit everything but the race head....

then dident have the money for a race head was dead broke needed money so i sold the kit for like 300 bucks after shipping

now im back at square 1 except now i have a race head hahah and no stoker kit fml!!!!!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dam it, that's alot of work and money..that I don't have haha.

Makes sense, does the Tagw kit use the stock cam or no?

I wanna stroke it, but **** I don't know..If I did..I would do it all Powroll...never had problems with them.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
well kits include a cam...so unless you want a more specific cam than what it comes with stick with it...but to stroke it dont forget splitting cases and changing the crank

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
trtr013 said:
well kits include a cam...so unless you want a more specific cam than what it comes with stick with it...but to stroke it dont forget splitting cases and changing the crank
yeah i know, i gotta send my stock crank in as a core to Powroll.

it's a hefty price to build a motor from them, but dam it lasts for a long time

15:1 on the piston

375 for the crank..wooo boy..****.

dam, i need 104 or it will ping

the 200x motor we have has to run 104..or it will ping like a motha****a.

it ran so fast, and it sucked in so much power..down the straight away it would run the bowl dry on the carb...we had to drill the petcock for a bigger line

that thing is one of the scariest bikes I've ever ridden..had so much down low but insane on the midrange also...no problem keeping up with 450s..

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
First, Powroll is the biggest waste of money ever. They rip you off like no other.

Second, Get an crf 70 or xr 70 head instead of a race head if your on a budget. Spend the money elsewhere, like your suspension. Thats where it counts. Put the say 500$ twords a nice elka, a set of zokes or something like that. If your serious about an 108 or 115 or 124, then talk to firepower. I personally say buy a yx.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
chasetheface123 said:
First, Powroll is the biggest waste of money ever. They rip you off like no other.

Second, Get an crf 70 or xr 70 head instead of a race head if your on a budget. Spend the money elsewhere, like your suspension. Thats where it counts. Put the say 500$ twords a nice elka, a set of zokes or something like that. If your serious about an 108 or 115 or 124, then talk to firepower. I personally say buy a yx.
There expensive, but I've got over 200 hours of riding time on the 200 engine with no rebuild..just rings and gaskets twice, and change oil ever 6 hours...and run 104 through the tank

I've had no problems with them, not sure if I'm willing to spend $350 on a crank for a 50cc motor

I'm trying to figure out why there xr50 parts are a ****on more..

It cost $700 to build a full stroker motor from them with my 200...:confused:

that's 6mm crank, 13:1 compression, valve springs, .395 cam

and a bigger head pipe

and free stickers:cool:

maybe Powroll is out of the question for the 50...:?

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
they are over priced for fiddys. On a budget go with TB if you want good then go with Takegawa or Kitaco....so what u gonna do bout a motor?

·
Registered
430 Posts
trust terry can hook it up

he has used cranks for like idk 100 bucks llike super hooked up man

sure if u spend over 500 he builds it for free and if your going to split the cases man just go 117 or bigger and might as well throw a 4 speed in there

terry backs up the 4 speeds so they have to have some balls

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I really want the tak 3spd cr tranny so bad...see thats why I want a 117 since Im already splitting cases and whatnot...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont know what I'm going to do..Ima weigh my options out and look around.

I want a stocker mod that pulls hard:p

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
nah I dont want a clutch...my handbrake is there...And until I save up for a hydraulic rear setup and then figure out how to run 2 asv levers there Im not doin anything lol....

Im thinking sell my 88 racehead kit or install on my crf70 bottom end and sell crank separate or possibly put the crank in...OR rebel just trade me like I PM'd you about...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts