PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
The story I was told.

I purchased it in Adelaide,South Australia, Australia.

It was second hand and it was owned by the wife of the Swidish Consulate (in Australia) and the lady only rode it around her garden.

I think it is a Z50Z because mainly the front forks can be taken off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not good at putting pics on at this stage.

I did find on the site (cannot find agian) that Darthvadour showed a blue Z50Z.

The picture was taken in front of a lounge chaidr.

thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey that looks familiar, wait it's mine;)

Purchased at Curly's Honda, Okinawa. Brought back to So Cal by AF pilot who used it like most did for stow away on his private plane(s) Full docs including owners manual, original cal blue plates,DMV manila envelope signed by Ronald Regan(gov in 71) original export version manual, all dmv paperwork, and rare Honda riding tips brochure including warm up exercises( in japanese)

·
Registered
6 Posts
As I said, mine is identical.

My Engine Numeber is Z50AE 102500.

As far as I can work it out, it is a 1970 model. (Very fusrtating as to what I've seen in Honda charts, I cannot match it).

Cheers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If your bike is identical to mine and is original, it's either a 71 or 72 Z50ZK1. If it has round tank badges, it's a 70 Z50Z. It gets confusing because the US market AK1's were round badge, and K2 had oval tank badges, but domestic models ZK1's were oval badge..

·
Registered
51 Posts
I guess I have most of the parts to make a z50z I have the rare side left cover, winkers, brake linkage without the cable thingy but do not have the tail light bracket and center stand -- If you ask me this is how all the K2's should have been built like -- looks like a nice setup -- do they or did they come with a clutch motor? the pictures show a left lever?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi!

Nifty Z50

I purchased it second hand in 06/01/1971 so therefore it is not a 71 or 72 model.

The badge is the same as your, oval with "Monkey" on it.

Skipinout

The frame numbers is 278306 or 218306. I cannot read the 7 properly. I've tried with a magnifying glass. I cannot tell if it is figure 1 or 7.

No clutch lever, it's automatic.

Have alook at the photo.

ALSO please note that turning idicators are not it. Took them off for safe keeping.

Bike a little bit dirty, sits in shed, covered up.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.