PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

2 weeks ago I ordered a red baron alu frame with minibikeoutlet.com

Today I received it but it is delivered with a Manitou shock ???

Isn't this kit normally delivered with an I-shock LE ?

Also the mount for the brake pedal bowed ... (stook out of the box) :s

·
Registered
462 Posts
haha they sent u a mountain bike shock

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
romics are mountain bike shocks...

G

·
maybe you have stunbled upon a new and better shock option for everyone.

Yep Romic is an MTB shock originally, but the one I've been trying is super sweet on a fiddy so far. So, I'd have to say that mtb shocks don't necessarily "suck".

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
YAY...LOL anyways that shock acually looks pretty beefy...looks nice if it is the right shock do a review on it...looks nice

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
looks like it may be a bit beefier than the ishock.....im sure either one will work good.

from the looks of it the shaft seems to be 14mm or 16mm. and thats beefy.

stick with it.....but call and at least let them know so you can get an answer and maybe even a discount......id keep that shock.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
I have a romic shock and it kicks ass. way better than an I shock in my opinion. it has adjustable rebound and compression. not many shocks on the market have that. The only complaint I have with it is that the bike doesnt sit as high as it would with an I-shock.

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
ok dude...your trippin if you think ishock doesnt have adjustable rebound and compression along with preload.

either of the two shocks work beautifully....but the truth is that that romic shock will most likely work better due to the fact that it was probably desgined to be on a swingarm that way where as a iShock is designed to work best at the stock 50 angle.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.