PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay guys, just wondering is it worth getting rid of the chp clutch cover set up to get the takeagwa clutch cover set up, I have the internals,full manual now, but just wanting to know if it is worth me spending the money, Is the takeagwa any better, I know it lookes better, but is it better in all the important ways,( if it works better). any help would be cool thanks.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
The clutch pull is less heavy & much smoother than the CHP. Especially if you have heavy clutch springs. The actuator on the CHP a just rod with a flat spot on it that pivots on the plunger directly, metal on metal. (The cabled version anyway.)

The Tak's actuator rod has a worm gear that drives the plunger.

I've got all six heavy springs in mine, but the clutch pull is easy and smooth. I've got the cabled Tak, not the hydro. I don't know how the hydraulic types compare to each other, but if they work the same way I just described, I think the Tak would still be smoother. I was going to get the cabled CHP before I found the Tak used here for $225. (minus a primary drive gear, still a good deal) If you get a used Tak, make sure you get all the necessary parts included with it, as it may be difficult to get individual parts for this kit. I love mine.

http://www.twobros.com/Cust_Service/Install_Inst/022-3-01-0332_cable_man_clutch_cover_kit.pdf

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks, Is it easy to do, do I need anything extra or does it come with all I need?:rolleyes: getting it new in box.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Is there anything wrong with the one you have now? I would say keep it till it breaks then upgrade it later. Just my .02

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No nothing is wrong with it, just like to change up things a bit, thought it would be better and as we all know it does look cool, but I do know what you mean, sill not 100% sure if its worth it or not.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
jdawg said:
Cool thanks, Is it easy to do, do I need anything extra or does it come with all I need?:rolleyes: getting it new in box.

If you're getting it new, you're set. You'll end up with one part leftover. The pin that's next to the washers in the pic. That's only used if you're connecting a trans oil cooler to the clutch cover. Mine didn't come with that pin, and it drove me nuts cause I saw it in the photo and had to find out what it was and if I really needed it (I didn't).

That link I posted is to the Two-Bros Install manual. Easy job. Since you're getting it new, put some small heatshrink on the actuator rod return spring end so it won't skratchz up your shiny new clutch cover. I also added a couple washers around that spring for some reason I can't remember right now. I think it was to try to keep that spring in place a bit better so it wouldn't scratch mine up any more than it already had. Check my photo album and you'll see where I'm typing about.

I think you said you've already got the Primary Drive Gear?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
XLr8r said:
If you're getting it new, you're set. You'll end up with one part leftover. The pin that's next to the washers in the pic. That's only used if you're connecting a trans oil cooler to the clutch cover. Mine didn't come with that pin, and it drove me nuts cause I saw it in the photo and had to find out what it was and if I really needed it (I didn't).

That link I posted is to the Two-Bros Install manual. Easy job. Since you're getting it new, put some small heatshrink on the actuator rod return spring end so it won't skratchz up your shiny new clutch cover. I also added a couple washers around that spring for some reason I can't remember right now. I think it was to try to keep that spring in place a bit better so it wouldn't scratch mine up any more than it already had. Check my photo album and you'll see where I'm typing about.

I think you said you've already got the Primary Drive Gear?
ya have the Primary Drive Gear, So all in all is this set up worth it, my chp works fine but still ,you know how it is new shiney part ,:banana:eek:h boy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts