PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 DRZ with the Full Kitaco kit and was wondering if a 28 would be too much carb for an unported SE head. I'm just looking for a little more over rev and on my old GPX, with ported big valve, the motor revved to the moon all the way from bottom. I haven't been into this motor yet, but still have my 28.

I guess my question is, would you just try it and see? Should be about the same jetting since the valve sizes and displacement are similar. Just concerned about the head not being ported and being able to flow it.

thanks

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
the 28 d-slides are garbage!!! jetting is finicky and you have to use the stock 110 carb spring becuase the stock 28 spring is too weak and will alow the throttle to stick slightly open and run on in corner.... not fun!

I have a mikuni flat slide on both of my bikes (124 DOHC) and they run like champs and jetting is really easy!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a Keihin PWK28. Is the jetting finicky because of the carb or the SE itself? I got the jetting real close with it on the GPX, just a few runs and adjustments. Just thought i might try it since i have it and a good selection of jets, before buying a mikuni flatslide.

Hell, i'll try it and lf it works great, if not, then no biggy, just thought I'd get some feedback before swapping them out.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
i had a 28mm keihin, junk, way too hard to jet, and im running the SE head too, i slapped my 26 back on there and its so much better, i have a 28mm mikuni flatslide that im gonna try too, but the keihin is way to finiky

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
cheeze131 said:
Its a Keihin PWK28. Is the jetting finicky because of the carb or the SE itself? I got the jetting real close with it on the GPX, just a few runs and adjustments. Just thought i might try it since i have it and a good selection of jets, before buying a mikuni flatslide.

Hell, i'll try it and lf it works great, if not, then no biggy, just thought I'd get some feedback before swapping them out.
its not that hard to jet ppl that have jetting problems I would say must never rode big bike and jetted their own bikes,the 8 is made for the 143se but if you want a motor that reves to the moon the go 138+r with a 7mm or 5mm stroker and you will be set,I run a 138+r with a 7mm stroker

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.