PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have A Staggs Irk And It Doesnt Have Any Markings That Tells Me Its At Top Dead Center. If Anone Knows How Or Where I Can Get Info On This Thing To Get It Timed Right It Would Be Nice. Thanks

·
Registered
10,012 Posts
yeah im going to be doing this same thing. have you take the cam chain off? i thought i could leave the top end assembled and just find the pickup and put it where the old pickup was on the old flywheel. No??

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Set your cam at tdc where the valves are loose. That way you know it is tdc by looking at the mark on the cam sprocket and the clearance of the valves. I then made a mark on the coil and on the weight in line w/ each other. This way I know that whenever the cam mark and weight mark line up I am at tdc.

If you don't understand I will try to explain it differently.

It's easier to do if you set your engine at tdc b/4 you take the original flywheel off. Break the flywheel loose then set it at tdc and pull it off. When you slide your new weight on it will already be at tdc.

·
Registered
7,689 Posts
the only way you should have to retime your motor after installing a irk is if it was off to begin with. but mellow yellow has some good directions. if not email or call us and we can help you out.

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
you just pull the nut off the flywheel where you can see the keyway groove cut in the crcnk and it should run inline with the cam roller bolt on the cylinder its the same thing on all modern 4 stroke motors keyway inline w piston=tdc

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i got that done. now do you know how the wiring goes. it has a white and black coming off the stator. the box has a red and brown one that matches the pronges and a yellow and green that matches the coil. so i hooked up the white with the red, black with brown, and the green and green on the coil and the yellow wire to the black on the coil. but i dont have spark. any help would be great

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.