PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
put on the irk runs good revs hot about 30 minutes kitaco irk smashes the exhaust valve anybody know what i did wrong thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
I can't see what an irk has to do with what your problem is ??? I've been run'n em on my 50's with no issues for 5 years now .. :)

What brand heads are those ?

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Either when you assemble you have the timing off by a tooth or you are over revving it. Those heads are good to about 10k and that's all the stock ignition allows you to spin. Put an inner rotor on, you start floating valves and this is the result.

·
Registered
363 Posts
fatcaaat said:
Either when you assemble you have the timing off by a tooth or you are over revving it. Those heads are good to about 10k and that's all the stock ignition allows you to spin. Put an inner rotor on, you start floating valves and this is the result.

Yep looks to be a floating issue!! What valve springs are you running? If you bounce it off the limiter frequently thats most likely your issue but deffinatly double check your timing. Looks like it was a hungry bastard though!! 3 heads, OUCH lol

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
timing is on they are two bros heads springs are what ever comes with them oh got a kitaco irk for sale lol im done with this thing just got a 160 kit with a stroker cause my rod was bent this last time should be 172cc that will be good enough

1 - 8 of 8 Posts