PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the TB 26mm intake and the rubber boot is torn and i noticed my buddies was torn to in the same spot. Has anyone else had issues with these rubber boots ? And does anyone make braided ones so they wont tear ?

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
i have been through 2 or 3 on my little vm26 and i would definetley like to get a shortened boot that is tougher. i have made a few "braces" to hold the carb more steadily and not allow the boot to flex up and down so much, but i still get stress tears..

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya mine hasnt tore all the way through yet but looks very close , i think its because of the u flow tht makes the carb lean downward and pulls on the boot

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
yea, i was running a K&N filter thats kinda heavy and when i landed off big jumps and go through whoops it would flex down and stretch the boot..

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya , someones gotta make a stronger one

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
re-inforced ?

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
i have a new TB one, it has a little more meat on it, but its still the same thing basically.. but i really need a shorter one

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how much for a real mikuni boot >?

·
Registered
217 Posts
i have done the real mikuni boot on my 110, it is a little shorter and seems like it has a little less flex than the tb one. it has been holding up thus far. as for price, i seem to remember them being 5 or so more than the tb. but well worth it in my opinion

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
i had the tb one and ripped it 3weeks....wonder why there the cheapest:confused: i have the takegawa one now and its perfect for little over a year now...

·
Registered
107 Posts
if you have a u-flow it has a brace that holds your carb in the same spot, thus the carb boot shouldnt bounce/tear when you jump.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts