PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday i stopped by a local shop and they had applied front springs in stock :D so i figured they would be a nice combo with my I-shock that will be here today

well anyway i installed the HD springs and they come with the spring end pieces so i didnt have to take apart the stock setup

ok the stall goes very easy 30 minutes later im done and trying them out but now i feel like the frotn end bangs around more then it used to IE: when pulling the wheel up i kinda get a bang out of the front end? and when riding just thru the grass feild over bumps and such i occassionally get some loud thuds out of the front. Not a bottoming out thud but more like when the front unloads theres abang. ( kinda hard to explain but i hope you guys get it)

Anyway i take it apart again to make sure its correct and sure enought its good to go.

I did not put the stock bump stops back in fromthe original setup cause from what i understand yoru not supposed to anyway if this normal tell me so but i feel that the front shouls soak up the bumps a lil better then it feels right now kinda like somethings just not sitting right

let me know your thoughts thanks guys and gals

· Registered
3,151 Posts
thats because the fork spring are longer and it uses all the travel, so it makes a thud noise when the fork spring hits the bottom of the forks. it explains this in the instuctions :roll:

btw the springs came with two little rubber stops you where suposed to put on (i dont know exactly where)

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes they did come with rubber stops and from what the instructions said ( crappy picture adn ver distorted) i guessed that they were supposeed to go between the lower spring cap and the outer ring where the roll pin goes thru the lower fork leg so that the lower spring cap it secure, but when i tried to do that there was no way the roll pin would line up with the spring cap so took the rubber o-ring out and decided to try it between the spring and where it sits on the perch

hope that made sense

and no i didnt up grade bushings sill the stockers for now

any more ideas?

· Registered
111 Posts
Applied springs are not threaded into the spring caps and when you pull up you get a little bit of a drop out noise. For example, the reason why the stock springs don't do that is because the spring is threaded onto the spring caps. Make sense?

Like everyone else said, put a lot grease on and run it. You will get use to the noise, but running 0-ring will help a little bit. Try to get some new bushings too because that might help as well.

· Registered
285 Posts
My friend just installed the applied front springs with some new bushings this weekend and it's doing the same thing (clanking when the front wheel comes up)

Do any of the other aftermarket springs like fast50s thread into the spring caps to reduce the play? Will chromoloy +1 forks reduce the noise as well? Any adverse affects all this extra play has on performance/reliability of the front end?

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i packed the suckers full of grease and it made a huge improvement now im happy with them i aslo installed the ishock the bike is 10x better now now i just need bars

to back i wrecked this past friday onthe street :( now im all banged up and can ride yet

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.