PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shopping around for some motard wheels and just wanted to see what everyone else is running. Still undecided on the wheelset I'm going to go with but whatever it is they will be wrapped in tt92's. My bike is a ssr 160r if it makes a difference.

Anyone run the the minimob tubeless? Are they worth the extra dough or should I just keep simple and cost efficient with a spoked setup?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
About the only spoked wheel sets that last on road race tracks are wheels that have RADMFG or Buchanan spokes!

Most chinese spokes will stretch and fail..............

Any mag wheel you can modify to fit your bike is a huuuuuuge bonus! Rears r usually 2.5-4.0 fronts r 2.5-3.5. Best bet is possibly a 2.75 front and a 3.50 rear.

Price out a set of properly built spoked wheels at 500-700$ verse the mags at 450$. YES U WILL HAVE TO MACHINE THEM TO FIT AND MAKE PROVISION FOR YOUR BRAKE SYSTEM. the obvious bennifits to properly sized rims for that nice fat daddy contact patch is worth the lower cost plus machining:cool:

·
Registered
981 Posts
I bought a set of the 10" one piece tubeless wheels from minimob. The are pretty heavy but I guess that's the price you pay for strength unless you dish out the big bucks for billet magnesium or something else. I haven't mounted them to my Monkey yet, I started with the front but noticed I'm going to have to "shave" the caliper a bit to get it to fit with my set up. I probably wont have time to do that until I take the bike off the road for the winter.

They do look mega sweet just sitting on my shelf though...:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone have any luck with spoked wheels? Now that I've priced everything out I'm looking for a cheaper alternative to the mag wheels. I just don't have the budget to drop $500 or $600 on a wheel and tire combo at the moment. The bike isn't going to be tracked every weekend and I don't mind adjusting the spokes every once in awhile.

T bolt and Pitster Pro have some wheel combo's more in my price range. Anyone run them? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Most do run spokes.... RADMFG or Buchanan spokes r the BEST choice:cool:

Mags get u the rim size these RACE tires were designed for....................:rolleyes:

·
Registered
14 Posts
i run the pitster billet wheel set from tbolt in black rotors look sick work nice with my calipers endo city i trackem with njminigp and stuntem they handle good and havent had any problems even the kenda tires that come with them are decent waitin till there dead b4 i put on the 92's only thing you might have to have the wheels trued cuz mine had crazy runout out the box 4 price and everything you get you cant beat it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts