PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a primary drive pinion gear for my Derbi 50. The part number is Piaggo 00h02601381 There are two types of pinion gears, one with a tapered hole and one with a straight bore. I am looking for the tapered bore.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sure wish it was . That is the one I have. I am building a motor to race in the USCRA flyweight class. So I bought a Stage 6 crankshaft and a Malossi top end. The crank that showed up has a taper on it. It took quite a while for the order to come in and my first race meet is on June 11. Not enough time to try and figure out a swap if they have one that will work. I thought I would try some of the forums. This one looks pretty entertaining. It will be fun to poke around when I have a little time. Thanks for the response.

·
Administrator
10,693 Posts
Okay, good luck, the part number you provided does not come back as a valid Piaggio part number, here's the screenshot of the search results

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Software

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The number does come up on some sites, PRIMAY GEAR Z-22 - 00H02601381 and a few more that need translating. It makes me feel optimistic but they say unavailable. Which bums me out. Finding one will be pure luck it will most likely be used. I guess the story goes that they changed manufacturers in mid run of the engine. So there may be some out there. I would be reluctant to try and order another crankshaft.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If everything is the same with both cranks minus the one having a tapered shaft on one half, then I can disassemble both cranks and rebuild it using the straight shaft crank half and true it? I've rebuilt cranks in the past where I've done this and just did one for a customer a couple months back for a XR motor (Kick-start to E-start has different left side crank webs) being converted from kick to electric start.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts