PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've purchased a Honda CBX250H. A one year bike here in Canada, though it existed in almost every market other than the US.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

Parts are inordinately hard to find aside from what Honda of Canada has (which they're not generous enough to post online). Lots of parts from the CBX250H are shared on the CBF125 as well as the CBX125 (JDM, UK markets).

Does anyone use Jauce or Amazon.co.jp to import to North America? If not, is there another online source I'm missing? I'm versed in Webike, Daxdodo etc, I'm looking for auction style sites.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Amazon.co.jp would not ship anything I have ever wanted to the usa, but I have heard something's will go. You can make an account and try.

Forwarding service connecting overseas customers and Japanese online stores [ Tenso.com ]

Is the alternative they are a forwarding service many have had good luck with.
Thanks, I'll check it out.

I just used buyee to ship some baja parts that I bought on yahoo auctions. They could not send me the gas tank though, so I had them discard it.
Thanks, that's now on the list too.

it looks like it uses an 80s xr/xl 250 rfvc engine..and forks..
It's almost built entirely from Honda's parts bins - only the panels are specific to the bike and even at that shared them (and everything else but engine, exhaust, carburetion and final drive) with the JDM CBX125.
The engine is closest to the 83-87 XL 250R SOHC RFVC. E start only - no decomp, single carb, 26HP - The XR has a closer ratio trans than the XL. Forks are common to the other similarly sized street Honda's of the day (XR/XL forks would be longer and larger diameter, no air valve or adjustment).

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
there was a xl/xr derivitive in he euro market that was E-start..cant for the life of me remember the designation..its kinda like teh 600 version that we DID get a handfull of stateside which i also cant remember the name for...the ratio in the trans was "off" from the US spec xl/xr as well....so im willing to bet it probably all that euro engine

pretty slick lil bugger tho..id ride it!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there was a xl/xr derivitive in he euro market that was E-start..cant for the life of me remember the designation..its kinda like teh 600 version that we DID get a handfull of stateside which i also cant remember the name for...the ratio in the trans was "off" from the US spec xl/xr as well....so im willing to bet it probably all that euro engine

pretty slick lil bugger tho..id ride it!
Maybe you're thinking of the NX250?

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Fuel tank

Liquid cooled, gear to gear dual overhead cam, sweet machine - just ahead of it's time by 30 years or so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.