PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya i new i needed springs, but no pump is good news. yall think there is a big difference in the kits? what about the tak 82. . .

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
ya,definitely go with the tb 88 kit. so much better, the 75 doesnt add that much more power, especially compared to an 88. the 88s are much more fun to rife, believe me

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but i have a stock exhaust, and i dont want to deal with problems, yall think the TB will have no problems? cuz at 300 with a oil pump thats good

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a stock exhaust and my TB 88 kit hauls the mustard. Get the bore up kit and a TB oil pump if you are tight on the cash flow. That will set you back about 193. There is no kit with 75 or 82ccs that will touch it. I have no idea why companies even sell 75 and 82 kits.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
have u ever had problems? and im thinking about just doing that and then later on when i have more money get a big carb, i hear the TB is not as good as the other 20mm, but the base TB 88 with oil pump and springs will go good on a stock exhaust? i just dont want my bike to over heat, or bog and whatnot

·
Registered
462 Posts
Koredova said:
There is no kit with 75 or 82ccs that will touch it

i beg to differ, i know a guy that had a powroll 81cc kit, ported and polished stock head, powroll cam, FMF pipe, bored out carb, and a K&N filter, and a shaved flywheel and i got money says that thing would run with a stock head 88.....i know this is kinda comparing apples to oranges since his motor had other things done, but u made a generalization that wasn't correct.

·
Registered
27 Posts
TB is just as good if not better than Kitaco or Takegawa. Quality is very good. A stock exhaust is almost better if you are just using the bore up kit because you will have more back pressure. A high flow exhaust works better with the big carb on an 88. You have to watch the heat around the intake if you aren't getting the carb kit. A long moto will make so much heat near the intake that it will run poorly after awhile. Wrap the stock intake in heat wrap to insulate it and you will be good to go.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
ridered50230 said:
have u ever had problems? and im thinking about just doing that and then later on when i have more money get a big carb, i hear the TB is not as good as the other 20mm, but the base TB 88 with oil pump and springs will go good on a stock exhaust? i just dont want my bike to over heat, or bog and whatnot
I am running the TB Race Head motor, I have so many hours on it, its rediculous, id put money I have more hours on my motor than anyone else, and it still runs like the day I put it in. And the TB carb is just as good as any thing else out there, I dont have any problems with mine at all. And before I had the race head, I ran the TB motor will 20mm carb cam, and bore with a ported stock head on a stock exhaust and I would pull hole shots at races. Trust us, go with the TB 88 and you will not be dissapointed, if you get a BBR 82 or even one of those 75's, it wont take long and you will kick yourself for not getting a 88 to begin with.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
great, so i shouldnt get the base TB 88 kit, save up 200 dollars, and buy like a kitaco 20mm carb? i should just spend the 320 (after pump and clutch springs) on the complete kit?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
[quote name='"ridered50230"']great, so i shouldnt get the base TB 88 kit, save up 200 dollars, and buy like a kitaco 20mm carb? i should just spend the 320 (after pump and clutch springs) on the complete kit?[/quote] Yup, thats the way to go.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
They are pretty easy to install, you dont have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out. You might run into a couple little things that are hard but if you have any basic mechanical skills you will be able to do it. The TB kits come with directions right? If so that will make it alot easer.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I beg to differ on their 20mm carb. That's the only problem we had with that kit on 2 bikes we built. We changed the jetting and tried everything, even emailed TB and got their imput (and they were very helpful) We just dropped a Keihin sp? 20mm carb on and the thing was a rocket with no adjustments to the carb, straight out of the box! Anyone want to buy a brand new TB 20mm carb with intake, no hardware or anything else, I got one sitting in my garage. :p

where's z88R with his imput?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so what URE saying is that i should get the base with out carb and cam, i think thats how its setup, and buy an aftermarket 20mm?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.