PlanetMinis Forums banner

181 - 200 of 432 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
That's a decent size I'd, looks like I'm gonna get one then.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #183 (Edited)
I decided to try a larger ytx5l-bs battery for more cranking amps. Hopefully it'll make the motor start easier than the ytx4l-bs battery that's in it.

Here's some specs on the two batteries:
YTX4L-BS 3 Amp hour 4-1/2" long 2-13/16" wide 3-3/8" tall 50 cranking amps
YTX5L-BS 4 Amp hour 4-1/2" long 2-13/16" wide 4-3/16" tall 80 cranking amps

60% more cold cranking amps!

I'm going to check out a 78' ct70 that's got less than 500 original miles on it. We'll see if it's as good as it looked online.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Is the compression making it harder to crank?
Lucky dog n the ct, does it have a title for the street?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
I'm not sure if its the compression or a weak battery. I bought the battery in may and its never had much power.

I just got home from 3 hours of driving. The ct70 looked like new in the craigslist ad, I was sick when i saw its actual condition. It looked like it ran the baja 1000 with a couple bike locks beating the crap out of the frame. The 425 mile odometer must have come off a different bike. I'm not too happy about it.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Zb50 clone? Where ya find or get that one from?
Where did you get that battery from?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Zb50 clone?
Same exact bike as the pitster. The pitster is a re-branded skyteam

Where ya find or get that one from?
It was on craigslist a couple months ago. I texted the guy in September to see if he would make me a deal on it and he said the price was firm. I texted him this morning to see if he still had it and he made me an offer i couldn't refuse. its got about 30 miles on it and it's never been registered.
Where did you get that battery from?
On ebay
YTX5L BS Motorcycle Battery for Honda 250cc CRF250X 2006 | eBay

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Man you are one lucky guy with those bikes, south tx doesn't have squat....

·
Registered
358 Posts
Rusty nuts, did you end up buying the ct70? Are you looking for one? I have three with paperwork (plates) i would consider parting with. Great build on your zb clone.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
I went on a 30+ mile ride yesterday! The bike worked great overall. I still need to work on jetting though. I was riding in the hills of napa and rode up to about 4000ft. The piranha engine with V2 head would only make power from 5000 rpm to 8000 rpm. I ordered an oko power jet 26mm carb that should help rectify the jetting issues

181 - 200 of 432 Posts