PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so heres the problem. just got my engine rebuilt tb 143 head carb primary all that stuff. wouldnt start wen i got it yesturday checked spark.. no spark. took buddys house changed ignition covor had spark. put my ignition cover back on had spark and started. then i tryed to start it again and wouldnt start. checked spark no spark. so i thought it was the stator tha was bad so wen back home put on the ignition cover off of my 08 engine and theres no spark again.. the 08 runs fine so i dont think that stator and what not is bad also.. im stumped.. any idea wat could be going on? (hope this makes sense)

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FastMC said:
The first and simplest things I would check would be the neutral switch wire and the kill switch.

yea i think im gunna try a diff wire harness tomarrow but idk its weird has spark like off and on.. idk im stumped

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Pretty simple to check the neutral switch. Just run a jumper wire to ground from the light green wire(harness side) down near the sprocket cover. If it has spark the switch isnt working.

·
Registered
420 Posts
check the ground wire going to your frame..

after i got powdercoat done, put it all back together and didnt clean off the little spot for a good connection.. i had no sparkk

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Busser90 said:
check the ground wire going to your frame..

after i got powdercoat done, put it all back together and didnt clean off the little spot for a good connection.. i had no sparkk

thanks yea ill check that but its weird cuz i didnt touch any of that stuff. just unbolted engine and bolted it back on

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
not sure what in time would mean but if your talking about the timing......well even if it was off it would still spark.

it has spark one minute then the very next it doesnt have squat......

Tyler.....take the neutral switch off your old case and bring that with it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts