PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up this frame with aftermarket front end. Having a heck of a time identifying it. I cannot find a vin or serial number, it looks like the frame has been powder coated so it may be covered. Was told it was a z50. Just trying to confirm before i start collecting parts. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Are you looking for an OEM front end or do you plan to keep what you have? I recently got a spare front end I could let go cheap if you're willing to do some work on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well got it home and stripped the powder coat from that area of the frame neck and nothing. I saw something near the rear and removed the powder coat there and it says SKyTeam?

·
Super Moderator
10,180 Posts
SkyTeam is a Z50 clone model, but all of the OEM Honda Z50R and aftermarket parts should bolt right on.

As stated above, the OEM Z50 wheel will not work on those forks, they are designed to use a spoked wheel with disc brakes. The stock wheel and brake panel are too wide and will not fit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SkyTeam is a Z50 clone model, but all of the OEM Honda Z50R and aftermarket parts should bolt right on.

As stated above, the OEM Z50 wheel will not work on those forks, they are designed to use a spoked wheel with disc brakes. The stock wheel and brake panel are too wide and will not fit.
Figured this was the case. I was wanting to run some larger spoked wheels so this is a plus.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so far a run of the mill 110cc motor fits fine. and a Z50r swing arm slides right in. Absolutely zero as far as serial numbers or VIN goes on the frame.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts