PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandpa was the original buyer of a 1970 CT70H which has been in my family since. After all these years and finally deciding to sell the bike, I only recently learned that the serial number on the engine and the frame rarely match. As it turns out, the SN/VIN is identical in both locations: CT70H-110596.

I understand this is a rare coincidence, but to what extent does this actually increase the value of the bike?

·
Administrator
11,265 Posts
My grandpa was the original buyer of a 1970 CT70H which has been in my family since. After all these years and finally deciding to sell the bike, I only recently learned that the serial number on the engine and the frame rarely match. As it turns out, the SN/VIN is identical in both locations: CT70H-110596.

I understand this is a rare coincidence, but to what extent does this actually increase the value of the bike?
Welcome to Planet Minis (y). Please post up some pics.
Matching numbers are more desirable.
tmas

·
Registered
180 Posts
Matching numbers seems to be a little more common on the H models, than the 3 speeds. I’ve only seen 2 CT70K0’s with exact matching numbers, but maybe 10+ HK0’s.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
These bikes are valuable for all different reasons. If your bike has true matching numbers, it has 1 more factor than most all others to make it more desirable. Is it a POS with matching numbers, or a cream puff??

Value depends on MANY different things. It's only as valuable as what someone is willing to pay...
OR, it's as valuable as YOU, the current owner says it is.
If I offer you $3000 are you going to sell it to me?
$6000??
How do you know if someone else might come along next week and offer you $10,000??
If you won't sell it for 10k then it must be worth more than that.

But...it's worthless without pictures :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts