PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Southern Idaho backyard track finished and ready to rip. Anyone interested in coming out to ride let me know. Track is on just over one acre with berm turns, switch backs, whoops, doubles, tabletop, triple and lots of fun to ride and gettin better. The mini scene in Idaho needs work and Im hoping this helps. Will try to post pics in a couple days.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a pic of the track. You cannot see all of it only about 2/3. Always a work in progress, planning more big jumps, its a blast to ride. Hit me up.
mytrack pic2.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great picture! post some more when you have a chance. I'm just about finished with my 2 '71 ct70 restores with 88cc kits. I'm in SLC and travel up to Idaho often. I hope to cruise around City of Rocks with 'em before summer is over.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks. City of rocks is an awsome place. Ive been there many times. I am actually located off the same exit you would take to get there. Post a pic of the restores.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Im headed out to pick up around 18 cubic yards of clay to add to the track. Some of it will be used to make existing bigger and better but 18 yards is quite a bit. I have a few ideas of what im gonna do with it but want some feedback on what you guys would do. I need to add something in the long straight and finish off the rhythm section , already have seven doubles so maybe a large step-up? I know you all have something floatin around in your heads of what it needs, lets hear it. And by the way the pictures make it look smaller than it really is for reference the take off for the table on the far right is about five feet high and twenty five feet long.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
wish I lived closer that looks real good, someone can run a machine it looks like!

Reactions: Mahinsminis

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wish I lived closer that looks real good, someone can run a machine it looks like!
Thanks man. Its been a lot of work but WELL worth the effort. Ya the skid steer was a blast to run cant wait to get it out here again, probably spring next year. Unfortunately I cant seem to find anyone close that wants to come ride it, only about two hours from Salt Lake, come on guys. Oh well until then I will shred it by myself, my own personal heaven. lol

·
Registered
615 Posts
Track looks sick. It is amazing no one wants to come ride it with you. If i had access to tracks like that I would be riding them all the time. You wouldn't be able to get rid of me !! Lol

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
got the clay here, now the fun part. adding another double to the rhythm section so it will be tripple double double double, should flow nice. dumped the rest of the clay in the long straight, about 12 cubic yards but still not sure on what I will do with it. thanks for all the great comments it keeps me motivated. too bad everyone lives so far away. I am willing to hold race days with BBQ, beer (for 21+) and tunes if I can get enough guys together to make it a good time. More pics and hopefully video of me riding coming once I get it tightened up.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Oh My Gosh.... I WISH I HAD THAT AROUND HERE! That look's so freaking awesome! I've never had the chance to ride on a track yet, its all been horsing around at my cabin... We have like 40 acre's but like 90% of it is rented out to farmer's in the area.. I wish I could build a track!!! If I had the chance I would be on that thing every day with my SSR!!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Boise is only about 2 hours away you're more than welcome to come down and ride. those pics are about a year old. I'll be posting some new ones soon, the track had changed quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ForumRunner_20150806_230136.png

I have not updated this in a LONG time. Lots of work has gone into this track over the last couple years. Have a few guys that make it out every now and then to rip it up with me. Here are a few updated pics, I will get some more soon.

ForumRunner_20150806_230545.png

ForumRunner_20150806_230604.png

ForumRunner_20150806_230508.png

I might get a ride day going towards the end of September if anyone is interested.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts