PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my ishock broke today.. where the shaft screws into the bottom, the bottom stripped out. the shock itself it still good i guess, i just need another bottom piece. its the old style w/o resi. stock length.

if anyone has one, or has an old aftermarket shock laying around let me know please!

thanks

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
507 brett said:
my ishock broke today.. where the shaft screws into the bottom, the bottom stripped out. the shock itself it still good i guess, i just need another bottom piece. its the old style w/o resi. stock length.

if anyone has one, or has an old aftermarket shock laying around let me know please!

thanks

I-shock might help you fix it at no cost to you ??? Call em to find out !

Are you run'n the proper weight spring on that shock ?

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i geuss, its got a dmn 450lbs spring on it. it came on it... it was setup pretty normal i geuss. wasnt too soft/stiff for me. it pretty old though, it has a 2004 sticker on it and it kinda beat up lookin.. idk

·
Registered
217 Posts
my i shock bottoming bumper pounded out in a couple months, and blew the seal head out, so i emailed them about their "lifetime warranty" listed on the website. and they warrantied it no problem. i figured blown seals no way, but they went for it. they called me before they tore it down, and asked if i wanted anything done, and i asked if they could revalve it for more damping, and they did for no charge. i am exremely happy with their customer service. wait a couple days and see if they respond, that's how long it took for them to respond to me.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Do not waste your time with that ishock garbage at all and get some type of fox shock. They would not even warranty my mbvert shock even though they had know problems of the shaft cracking or shock blowing so they changed over to the f22 or whatever the hell junk they made. They would do nothing for me so that was that. Still have the shock on the bike and works okay but if I could get a fox shock for a 110 mx style swinger I would in a heartbeat. For stock length get the fox float air shock and you will be happy once you set the shock up with the right amount of air pressure.

I will never run another kind of shock if I can get one for whatever bike or quad I have.

On quads the fox shocks are ten times better than elkas right out of the box.

Everyone will tell you elka cause they think that the most expensive shock and you have to have one like everyone else is the best but that is not the case. Once or twice I have seen a set of elkas setup good but that it took alot of tuning to get them to that good or money to keep sending them back in to get revalved.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i have an elka on my mod 110 and i love it, it needs a stiffer spring now though cause i gained like 40 pounds lol. i also had a fow float, blew it once and sent it back, they fixed it and said it shouldnt happen again, it did, but worse this time. so my dad bought the elka. one of my buddys bought one of ian trettle's 85s with the fox shock and p2r front forks. that shock was sweet as crap though. so isk about fox's.. i think if they dont get back to me in a few days im gettin a works.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i have an elka on my mod 110 and i love it, it needs a stiffer spring now though cause i gained like 40 pounds lol. i also had a fox float, blew it once and sent it back, they fixed it and said it shouldnt happen again, it did, but worse this time. so my dad bought the elka. one of my buddys bought one of ian trettle's 85s with the fox shock and p2r front forks. that shock was sweet as crap though. so idk about fox's.. i think if they dont get back to me in a few days im gettin a works.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts