PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I'm 190lbs.

I just receive an I-shock M1-A4 today and installed it. It has the Standard spring. I have not ridden it yet since I just installed it, but just by sitting on it, it feels real good. I would say Standard for your weight.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dirttrackin280h said:
I'm 190lbs.

I just receive an I-shock M1-A4 today and installed it. It has the Standard spring. I have not ridden it yet since I just installed it, but just by sitting on it, it feels real good. I would say Standard for your weight.

ok now i need a 3rd opinion

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
If you go huge ? Go with the heavy .

I'm 180 with gear and can bottom it out with a 450 spring but barley .

FYI - Buy it direct from i-SHOCK !!

They will set it up properly for you , spring and valving . No guess work . :)

Call and ask for Jovani .

I told him that I would advise people from Planetminis to call him and he agreed .

When you talk to him , mention that you are from Planetminis . ;)

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
dirttrackin280h said:
I'm 190lbs.

If you go big , I can guarantee it'll be too soft for ya . ;)

I had the 350 spring and loved it every where except when flat land'n huge jumps or when hitt'n really fast deep g-outs .

The 450 spring helped alot but internal re-valve'n was needed . So I sent in to i-SHOCK to be revalved .

Jovani did for me at no extra cost !!!

I think you may need to give him a call also and ask what he thinks . :)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I don't go HUGE at all like most of you guys on here. Mainly little stuff only. If it is too soft, then I will send it into I shock to get serviced. Thanks for the info.

JohnnyB said:
If you go big , I can guarantee it'll be too soft for ya . ;)

I had the 350 spring and loved it every where except when flat land'n huge jumps or when hitt'n really fast deep g-outs .

The 450 spring helped alot but internal re-valve'n was needed . So I sent in to i-SHOCK to be revalved .

Jovani did for me at no extra cost !!!

I think you may need to give him a call also and ask what he thinks . :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
You need the standard spring rate, i think its rated for 165-200lbs. there was a heavy on my f-22 when i got it and it was way to stiff and im 160lbs, I put the standard spring on and it feels great.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
dirttrackin280h said:
I don't go HUGE at all like most of you guys on here. Mainly little stuff only. If it is too soft, then I will send it into I shock to get serviced. Thanks for the info.

Ya .., little suff is perfect for the 350 spring .

I find it's limitations when I try to keep up with expert riders . :D

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
klx110racer said:
i had the heavy and im 190 and it was pretty stiff......im getting another f22 here soon and getting the standard.....i hit about 30ft-40 and the heavy was pretty harsh.

Ya .., the heavy spring is stiff for anyone under the 200 + mark .

I was told that the standard spring should work for me on my F10 .

If the heavy spring is way too harsh and you can't get the ride you want by adjusting the clickers with a standard spring installed ? A re-valve is deff needed .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.