PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn, I don't know where it went. If you know about my neighbor story, after I got my key back I put it in my pocket, now it is gone.

How can I get a replacement key? I called the dealer and they said to rekey it will cost $80, but to buy a whole new assembly is probably around $40 or so. Anyone got a dead 50 with a key assembly they're not using? Or, how can I rig the 50 to start without a key? Wait, I have no kill switch...

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Hey Z,

How many do you want ? I got an key and an Ignition for you if you want I live on the east coast and will take about 5 days to get there...... But if you can wait I'll send you one....PM me your address and I will send you one.

Later man.........Kevin aka OLDSCHOOL

·
Registered
134 Posts
I dont like having the key on my 50. I never use it and my buddy usually takes my key out when im not looking and hides it somewhere. :x

Sorry to go off topic z4ckattack but does anybody know if the BBR fork kit with the handlebar kit comes with a killswitch? Im pretty sure I saw one with it. Does that eliminate the key switch? Thanks

·
Registered
379 Posts
If you have a buddy that thinks it's funny to hide your key simply put your foot in his ass :twisted: he wont do it again

·
Registered
134 Posts
nadaposer said:
If you have a buddy that thinks it's funny to hide your key simply put your foot in his ass :twisted: he wont do it again

Too bad my friend wasnt smaller or else id make sure he didnt hide my key anymore. But it sucks when your about 135pds and your friend is around 270pds or 280pds. Oh well he gives it back after a little while. He thinks its funny when people get real pissed off.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I wired a kill switch on my street fifty to mount on the subframe rail behind the number plate. Its a push button switch much like the kill switch that you purchase, except it is a two part switch click it on click it off. I plug it into the key switch wires. Then when someone trys to start it they can just run and take off, then if they try to unplug the wires i wired it up into the harness and retaped it up, no way to start it iff you cant find the switch and the best part no one knows to look for it or even what it is.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.