PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have one of those days when nothing goes right?

I'm attempting to swap over the top end of my broken 88cc engine to my other stock zb50. In my futile and frustrating attempt I:

Cut open my thumb on the rear brake pedal when the clutch locknut finally broke loose. (stupid HD oil pump)

I mangled then hell out of the dowel pin that was stuck in the case. I gave up and left it in there. I tried heating the case and dowel pin, I tried removing the cylinder stud but it won't come out. arrrgh! (stupid dowel pin)

I finally put it all together but must've done something wrong cause there is tons of chain noise and it won't start. (stupid engine).

I want to take my 10lb mallet and start smashing away at the bike and engine. I will take today to cool off and hopefully I can find 4 hours to take apart everything and put it back together properly. Why can't the gods give me a break? aaaahh!!!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
fastbmw said:

I want to take my 10lb mallet and start smashing away at the bike and engine. I will take today to cool off and hopefully I can find 4 hours to take apart everything and put it back together properly. Why can't the gods give me a break? aaaahh!!!
forget days ive had weeks where stuff contiually goes wrong. after a ruff week heres how i take it out(me in the vids)

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
fastbmw said:

I'm attempting to swap over the top end of my broken 88cc engine to my other stock zb50. In my futile and frustrating attempt I:

Cut open my thumb on the rear brake pedal when the clutch locknut finally broke loose. (stupid HD oil pump)

I mangled then hell out of the dowel pin that was stuck in the case. I gave up and left it in there. I tried heating the case and dowel pin, I tried removing the cylinder stud but it won't come out. arrrgh! (stupid dowel pin)

I finally put it all together but must've done something wrong cause there is tons of chain noise and it won't start. (stupid engine).

walk away ... for a while ... breathe have a drink than start again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.