PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im just getting back in to all things moto and have pick myself up a modded out 110 recently. After digging around a bit i found this series and was wondering if there are practice days before the races. It would be great if anyone could tell me of any Mini-moto tracks around MO,AR and OK(I live in north central arkansas) that may hold races outside of the series as well. Any help would be awesome. Thanks folks and look forwards to seeing ya at the races!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Whether there is a practice day before the race depends on the track. This year we had or will have Saturday practice at Round 1 (Hwy 65MX), Round 2 at Sweeney MX and Round 8 at RiverBottom MX. Round 7 is a Saturday night race at HLR Motorsports so there isn't practice the day before, and Rounds 3-6 are at Midway MX which has stock car races on Saturday nights. If you contact the track owner, he often will allow you to practice early on Saturday but you have to be out before the gate opens for the stock car races. However at Midway MX we run long practices before the race, so there's plenty of time to learn the track. In Missouri we have an arenacross series put on by Motorhead Events out of Springfield that always includes a pitbike class among the regular big bike classes. There's a series in Stillwater, OK that also runs pitbike classes. Unfortunately most of the tracks we used to have in South and Southwest Missouri have closed down due to the poor economy, but we have gotten it to where most Missouri tracks will allow pitbikes to run on their regular practice days. Cabool was one that wouldn't have been too bad a drive for you. But it's shut down.

River Bottom MX is at Lake of the Ozarks, and the track is actually open for practice every day except when there is a race. There's a campground at the track which is alongside the Osage River, plus you're at the Lake of the Ozarks (literally, not just a few miles from it but at it) with all the stuff the tourist area has to offer. So it's worth the trip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, and thanks for the info. I kinda Figured Tracks were few and far between(literally and figuartivly) because of the economy, but its good to see there is some hope. I see the show me state series next race is the 10th of august, which as long as im not back out working ill be there. Is there a site for the arenacross events so i can hit those up as well. Thanks again SteveS!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts