PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can i stiffen up my stock forks without springs? I already bought heavy weight oil but is there anything else I can do?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
JoshRidesBikes said:
Do you have any pics of that? Kinda confused on how that would work.

Its really straight forward. You literally just cut a piece of PVC at desired length, remove the fork cap, throw the PVC or spacer in there on top of the spring and bolt the cap back down...

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. I'm running 1 stiff and one stock spring in my forks. It feels too stiff (I weigh 150).

When I rode on the track with the forks in stock form, they bottomed all the time. I have since added BBR damping rods, and I was thinking about going back to both stock springs, and using them in conjunction with a set of Race Tech emulators. If it's still too soft at that point, at least I'll have an idea about how much more spring rate I'll need, and I can get a set of custom springs wound. Does anybody make a progressive spring for a 110? Seems like that would be the way to go. I love my 110, but the suspension isn't plush at all. I'm shooting for pluch, but won't bottom over bigger jumps. --L*64

·
Registered
173 Posts
Luckystar64 said:
I was thinking the same thing. I'm running 1 stiff and one stock spring in my forks. It feels too stiff (I weigh 150).

When I rode on the track with the forks in stock form, they bottomed all the time. I have since added BBR damping rods, and I was thinking about going back to both stock springs, and using them in conjunction with a set of Race Tech emulators. If it's still too soft at that point, at least I'll have an idea about how much more spring rate I'll need, and I can get a set of custom springs wound. Does anybody make a progressive spring for a 110? Seems like that would be the way to go. I love my 110, but the suspension isn't plush at all. I'm shooting for pluch, but won't bottom over bigger jumps. --L*64

I am also 150 lb i run twobros med spring's with 15 mm spacer and 20 wt oil it work great .

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you weigh over 100lbs and are somewhat an aggrasive rider stiffer springs or modded damping rods are the only way to go. Stiffer springs are the biggest bang for your buck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts